+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Car

31A
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom Car

Is it just me, or does a lot of the comments and captions etc come across at best opinionated, at worst snide??

Isn't the editor meant to try to be at least a little balanced in his comments, rather than shove his personal tastes and opinions down our throats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Lee
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno, I went and bought last month's again by mistake.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 31A View Post
    Is it just me, or does a lot of the comments and captions etc come across at best opinionated, at worst snide??

Isn't the editor meant to try to be at least a little balanced in his comments, rather than shove his personal tastes and opinions down our throats?

They've received letters to that effect after the issue with Wheelsday in,seems they have the hump over that a tad ,or they are certainly giving that impression.?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hasn't there always been an element of sarcasm and ****-taking in CC? The trouble with humour is not everybody finds the same things funny. Look at an old issue from the Tim Baggaley era and it makes the current stuff look fairly mild. Some of those issues are almost like private conversations with a small group of mates, that happened to get published.
    I haven't read the whole mag yet but I've not seen any thing that stood out as unfair comments, excepting Kev Elliot's "So-Cal diaries" which is probably obliged to include a couple of "wrong 'uns" just to take the **** out of.

If you've read something that you find offensive though, shouldn't you be writing to Dave Biggadyke at CC.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't buy it. It needs to be more opened minded and some of comments are very unfair.

31A
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jez r View Post
    Hasn't there always been an element of sarcasm and ****-taking in CC? The trouble with humour is not everybody finds the same things funny. Look at an old issue from the Tim Baggaley era and it makes the current stuff look fairly mild. Some of those issues are almost like private conversations with a small group of mates, that happened to get published.
    I haven't read the whole mag yet but I've not seen any thing that stood out as unfair comments, excepting Kev Elliot's "So-Cal diaries" which is probably obliged to include a couple of "wrong 'uns" just to take the **** out of.

If you've read something that you find offensive though, shouldn't you be writing to Dave Biggadyke at CC.
    Have done, though as he's the one that makes most of them, dont see as much will happen. If it isnt to his taste, then eeryone knows it with his snide comments. Not as its ever likely to happen, but would hate to have a car in CC.

phantom raspberry blower Flamin Black A's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    if you don't like it don't buy it

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom Car remarks

Personally I don't buy any mags. so I don't get to see Dave's comments. I was told that there was a 3 liner in an issue last year about my car, basically saying "three years to build 3 minutes (or seconds) to look at or to walk by" or some words to that effect. To be honest , at the time I was told it didn't bother me. But when I was talking to Holmsey at the Rods and Hills this year, it made me think that this is very shallow journalism. As with all cars, some people like them and some don't. But surely the person who wrote this, might not have been Dave, should appreciate the amount off work that is put into any car. Any way Holmsey wrote a little piece on my car on his web site, ref rods and hills. He is now a hero of mine. as he does appreciate everything and anything. Just look at his site.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    apart from the snide comments i think this is 1 of the best issues for along time.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The photo captions are written by a variety of people not neccesarily the guy who's name is on the article , pretty standard in the mag world.If you write to CC the appropriate person will be told.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information