Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom Car letter...

...this month re usage of rods ( customs etc ) .

Does your type of use decide your engine choice ? Do you stay local or travel up and down country?

I go by fuel used ,for my type of mmileage I need to see 30 mpg to afford to run something as I (normally) do a lot of miles .It doesn't rule out big engines but does mean LPG usage to afford them.

Or for you is it about having "the quickest car in the valley" regardless of cost and you'll just use it when you can afford it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My engine choice was dictated by the fact i didn't want the same as everyone else,and bo**ocks to fuel economy.

4. Likes chevrolet50 liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cubes and lots of them has always been my logic - just like lots of 'grunt'. Never a daily user vehicle though - I am always amused by those who comment "I'd never have a big block powered car, just couldn't afford the fuel consumption" - yeah, so your 18/20 mpg against my 14/16 mpg is going to make a big difference!
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

6. Likes alleykat, Torment, hurtz liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sebspeed View Post
    My engine choice was dictated by the fact i didn't want the same as everyone else,and bo**ocks to fuel economy.
    It's only funny till someone gets hurt..........then it's friggin' hilarious

9. Likes alleykat liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m running a tri-powered 327 in my ‘39 Chevy and drove it nearly 1200 miles over three weekends just last month.
    My ‘49 F1 Truck will become my daily once it’s finished, that’s running a 302 with an AOD box.
    We put over 100,000 miles on our ‘59 Plymouth wagon with a dual quad 318 small block before it came off the road for a freshen up which includes fitting a crossrammed 413 big block.
    Fuel consumption is whatever it is for me, I never bother checking.

11. Likes Torment, hurtz liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I came late to the V8 party and I aint changing.
    Sure a far away weekender is a blast but costs the same as a week in Spain, so I often stay local and hoon it then pack me bags

My maths has never equated the expense of say an LS mill over initial cost and economy, hell even those efi carb things are £1500

Compulsive chicken choker English Impala's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My diesel Volvo gives me my economical and reliability fix, I have christened it Rohypnol as it makes me sleepy..... The 302 in my Ranchero is accompanied by a menopausal fuel gauge whose reliability swings wildly so I have no idea on its economy but it hovers somewhere between awful and eye watering. After three rebuilds the AOD got swapped for a C4 so fuel stops are even more frequent than before.

Old cars are my escape from real life so fuel economy isn’t on the spec sheet. A V8 makes my pants feel tingly in a way that a 4 pot doesn’t. A straight six in a lakes style T would come second.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a V8, just an old straight six Ford, it's a bit (lot) tired so fuel consumption is pretty rubish (less than 20mpg) and I recon if I put a V8 in it would probably give better MPG, mind you my daily is a 2004 Ranger amd that is not much better at just under 30 mpg

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    My DD 2-0 auto Vitara only does 48 miles to £20 where I live so no, doesn't bother me what does what to the Gall.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I don't have a V8, just an old straight six Ford, it's a bit (lot) tired so fuel consumption is pretty rubish (less than 20mpg) and I recon if I put a V8 in it would probably give better MPG, mind you my daily is a 2004 Ranger amd that is not much better at just under 30 mpg
    A hot 2553 straight six FoMoco on twin exhausts is a thing of aural beauty - only second best to V8 sounds........
    Carburation suck'shttps://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/customavatars/avatar199184_4.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information