Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mick gould View Post
    jesus,that is a long time ago.you are right,that 58 was imported by real steel along with quite a few more.(many of them were on v plates).
    i was only 18 at the time,i took the old pa up to hillingdon,met the guy on a housing estate and gave him about £1400.00 if i remember rightly.i left the cresta there and drove the chevy back.
    the old pa was nice,but was going rusty in places.i had put a ventora 3.3 in it
    along with 4spd floor change.it originaly came from streatham.
    as for the old 58,hmm.too young to have such a lovely car.it left the road on a bend one evening,overturned and finished up in a field.:****er:
    i didnt have enough money to repair it at the time.so began strippng it etc in that barn where you saw it.
    i then started to do more and more evening work on peoples trucks etc to earn the reqd funds.
    the work then took over and i started my own business.the chevy laid there for years before getting sold to a guy in hertfordshire who used it as a donor for a restoration of his car.
    4 years ago i imported another 58,but this time a convertible with tri power and a 348.
    i vaguely remember yourself and tony thacker.i am 47 now,so that must be nearly 30 years ago,oh dear,we must be getting old!!!!!!!!
    mick
    I knew I recognised your name when you come to the Lamberhurst cruise but couldn't place it. Then it all clicked. I'm guessing your 58 went to Paul Rutter who was building a real nice convertible. I wanna see your 58, still got a big soft spot for them. And I love tripower 348s which is what my 59 runs. You may have noticed it at Lamberhurst, the black coupe on AREs. I'll have to say hello next time I go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    right again dude,paul rutter had the remains of the old girl.
    the convertible was a 40th birthday for my wife,so i suppose you could call it hers.shes also got that 69 mustang and an 04 viper.she loves them all,even though they are all so different.the 58 prob wont come out until next yr now,but i do hope i will see you and get chance to say hello before then.
    and yes,i did notice your 59 at lamberhurst,what a lovely car.
    regards mick

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mick gould View Post
    right again dude,paul rutter had the remains of the old girl.
    the convertible was a 40th birthday for my wife,so i suppose you could call it hers.shes also got that 69 mustang and an 04 viper.she loves them all,even though they are all so different.the 58 prob wont come out until next yr now,but i do hope i will see you and get chance to say hello before then.
    and yes,i did notice your 59 at lamberhurst,what a lovely car.
    regards mick
    That was a good guess! I did get a 58 convertible for my 40th but sadly only a model. She's a lucky lady, I've seen the Mustang and the Viper. Very nice. Also kind of noticed your Camaro, lol. My 59 won't be out until next year as I've tucked it away, I'm only just driving again after some surgery. Thanks for the kind words about my Impala, it ain't perfect but I still kind of like it. Except when it decides to give me big bills. I'm not sure if I'll make the next cruise night either, think I may have a family do but weather permitting I'll trundle down in my elderly Primera and introduce myself. Name is Paul Gatty by the way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
    That was a good guess! I did get a 58 convertible for my 40th but sadly only a model. She's a lucky lady, I've seen the Mustang and the Viper. Very nice. Also kind of noticed your Camaro, lol. My 59 won't be out until next year as I've tucked it away, I'm only just driving again after some surgery. Thanks for the kind words about my Impala, it ain't perfect but I still kind of like it. Except when it decides to give me big bills. I'm not sure if I'll make the next cruise night either, think I may have a family do but weather permitting I'll trundle down in my elderly Primera and introduce myself. Name is Paul Gatty by the way.
    it will be great to see you again paul.i hope surgery that you mentioned is not too serious and you are on the mend.
    as for that camaro you mentioned,well just you wait till next year.although is 632 is producing gobbs of hp,it is going to be well and truly relegated to second place in the stable if the plans come together for my old 55.ill just say tt for now,and thats not ta ta.
    mick

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Bit of inspiration for me then...Yes, my plans have changed the Zephyrs gone to a new home im sure you'll see it around very soon with new owner and im onto the new project...
    As you can probably guess a 1960 Velox the new home to the Mopar lump thats sitting under wraps on me drive.

I just dont know what colour to go, i really like this green...

with cream roof and wheels...

Official RnS Addict wakesupremo's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brings back memories of my first ever 'custom'. A 1963 PA velox. I was only 16 when I first purchased it and spent the next couple of years 'customising' it. It was typically 1970,s with a tilt front rover v8 etc. It was painted ford gemini metallic blue with a paler blue roof. I remember contemplating putting murals in pinstriped panels and was told that I would never get it insured. in fact the reason for it never getting on the road was because of the insurance. When I first passed my test I drove a 1984 Rover p6 which cost £96 a year fully comp, the velox was quoted at £1200. Therefore after much time and money spent on it, it ended up being banger raced by a local well known racer!!!
    If it's got tits or tyres, its gonna be trouble

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information