Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm a grown up member now ! neatbeard's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers for the replies guys.

Yeah i'm regularly checking the vintage-vans forum and trying to gain knowledge from there.

@Kustomkulture - I love your old van, my missus has saved your interior pictures as inspiration for if/when we get one.

I have my eyes on a couple, one thats looking favourable at the mo is it's on way over to these shores and has been lowered and fitted with a rebuilt 360 motor so that would be fun, but hit the wallet!

Another is a Sportsman model with a rebuilt 318.

I'm used to the cab-over seating and vague steering having had a few VW campers in the past.

If we get one i'm thinking proper 70s style flake paint job with lacing, period style rims, funky interior (no shag pile and fur though!) etc.
    Welcome to East Anglia – the arse end of England!!
    '68 Dodge A108 - Large, loud n yellow!

https://www.facebook.com/VonTash

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict Kustomkulture's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Gibson on this forum, Propaganda is always in the know re A100's he might even have something for sale, buy the best you can afford, you wont be paying splitty money and far kooler.......the 360 and lowered sound interesting.

you should see the van in Bristol being built, 7 years in the making, all home built, 316 EFI, home built air ride, owner paint as clean underside as topside, gonna be a stunner, good bloke too..........

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kustomkulture View Post
    ?......you should see the van in Bristol being built, 7 years in the making, all home built, 316 EFI, home built air ride, owner paint as clean underside as topside, gonna be a stunner, good bloke too..........
    Is he still building that? Me and Phil with your old van were talking about it just the other day, he was building it to travel Europe in, we thought it would have been finished now, saw it about 5 or 6 years ago and it didn't look too far off completion except for interior.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ON THE SUBJECT OF A100s HAS ANYONE KNOW TO A SPARE WHEEL BRACKET OFF THE BACK DOOR OF A CAMPER, OR A PICTURE OF ONE, CHEERS, MICK

Official RnS Addict Kustomkulture's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonMan View Post
    Is he still building that? Me and Phil with your old van were talking about it just the other day, he was building it to travel Europe in, we thought it would have been finished now, saw it about 5 or 6 years ago and it didn't look too far off completion except for interior.
    hope Phil is enjoying the van, not seen him since the sale..........

the guy is known as Aussie Steve, he's flat out, now making a living as Wedge Rod and Custom, just done some superb work on my 52' truck, still no interior though.....

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    OHi
    I own two of "the ugly buggers",An A100 pickup which ran a273 with 3 on the tree,which was surprisingly quick as they are light for a truck,it is currently part way through a rebuild.I also have the gold and white A108 camper (featured in CC last year)I have changed the entire running gear since. It has been lowered 3"by moving the spring mounts up on the chassis,but found this was too much and had to raise it back up an inch due to tyre clearance.They are great fun and practical although the mechanical layout makes them difficult to work on the engine without removing seats and engine doghouse.Engine noise and heat is not an issue if you insulate the doghouse.Wind noise is excessive at anything above 50 mainly due to the fresh air intake below the screen,the flat glass and gutters,don't bother with a sound system you can't have a conversation.Also the brakes on the early models were 10" drums up front with single leading shoes,absolutely useless and scary on the motorway when the crumple zone is your knees!I have fitted BMW master cylinder dual servo's and wilwood discs and fourpot calipers.Mechanical parts are easy to get but body and trim scarce.Over all good fun,full of character and different so go for it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love love some pictures and information on the disk conversion phil?

I'm a grown up member now ! neatbeard's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to briefly check out an A100 today that a friend owns as he's considering selling it. It's a rock solid Cali import 67 Sportsman Custom so has the larger drums and dual circuit brakes (amongst other things), it was a slant 6 manual but it has been retro fitted with a (apparently) rebuilt 318 V8 and an auto box and apparently it runs well. I didn't get to take it out for a road test as we were both too busy but i'm hoping to soon so that I have a bench mark for future road tests of any others I check out.
    Welcome to East Anglia – the arse end of England!!
    '68 Dodge A108 - Large, loud n yellow!

https://www.facebook.com/VonTash

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, 318 and auto, get some pictures up when you drive it

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie UK-CORVAIR's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im a new owner of a dodge a108 window van. Just imported from ohio Toronto. I must say I love it. Only issue ive found is its mega heavy on the steering moving it round the drive. Would antyone know if I would be able to convert it to power steering. Are these dodges all the same WWith being heavy on steering. Also just out of curiosity what sort of money do they sell for over here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information