I know this is really a massive question with so many variables i.e budget, amateur or professional, etc etc. So I will try and get across the best I can what I am looking for, but please try and answer without going into the full rules of each racing series, if you see what I mean
Ok here goes:-
1. What is the easiest and cheapest form of starting drag racing? Obviously NSCC would be the first answer and I am not dismissing it, far from, I was thinking more of a pure strip car and not a street car.
2. What would be the best car? (as a complete novice to the strip) I know we are looking at budgets again, but let's say something from 60's - 80's.
3. How much roughly, (don't want to know everyones outgoings ), does it cost to run a car for the season? I know this has variables, i.e. breakages, nitrous, fuel etc, etc. but let's keep it to pump gas on a n/a sbc.
4. Which racing is better heads up or bracket? I can see pro's and cons for both, not starting the "Just racing against the clock argument", I was more looking at it as if you start in street eliminator for example and you are going out first round everytime it get's expensive for a 1 trip down the strip a weekend, could be a case of losing faith as well as races.
5. What kind of times should I be looking at to be competitive in say the NSCC series, Street Eliminator, bracket series?
6. Where would I find the rules and regulations on building a qualifying car?