Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I owned 11 DYN for about six months, I swapped my Dodge Superbee for it, from memory, Dick Lambert (remember him) bought it from Martin Bonner, I did the deal with Dick, Can't remeber who bought it from me. What a great car, prefered it as the gasser it was, to how it is now, I used to love pulling up at traffic light and looking down at the car next to me, being up so high it seemed huge, then suprise the crap out of the person next me by the speed it would leave the lights, Ah! childish boy racer memories, thanks to 11 DYN for them, again a great car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cabby View Post
    Really!?......... dont think I`ve been kissed by a fella before but thanks for the warm welcome
    It's fine as long as there's no tongues involved Tony!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIP 55 View Post
    We must not forget to mention Pete Leddy, it was his cine film (which I have been the custodian of for the past 30 years) of the Spirit of the Fities , including the footage of 11 DYN , which got the film show off to such a memorable start.
    Cheers Pete now when are you going to bloody collect them.
    Pete I don't know if you ever get over but it would be great if there was ever another night and you could make it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all that have posted pictures and anecdotal snippets of this memorial and historic event. Seeing everyone mixing, and the smiles on the faces just reinforces my feelings of those special times 30 years ago. I can just imagine the conversations and the questions being asked... Brian to Mike, "so, did you get over that worst cold in the world?", Simon to Allan, "Seen Kenny Rogers lately".
    The celebrity lookalikes were a nice touch, Marilyn was good, but Colonel Sanders was the best I have seen.
    Stew and Sam, and Milt and Tracy, you deserve all the accolades you have received over this night. You created a one off experience, and set the bar so high that it can not be repeated. Rare is the day that I wish I was back in the UK, but "20th June 2009" will go down as one of them.
    Last edited by Peter.; 27-06-2009 at 10:27.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter. View Post
    The celebrity lookalikes were a nice touch, Marilyn was good, but Colonel Sanders was the best I have seen.
    That was supposed to be Colonel Sanders ? , I thought it was Rolf Harris but now you mention it there was a strange smell of 11 different herbs and spices
    Champagne for my real friends,Real pain for my sham friends

My Intro

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    For most of the evening I thought Marilyn was a hired in lookalike...I didn't realise it was Stew and Milt's sister. Stunning!

[url=http://www.nobrain.d NoJive 55's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    That was supposed to be Colonel Sanders ? , I thought it was Rolf Harris but now you mention it there was a strange smell of 11 different herbs and spices
    Have you guess what it is yet,

Bob........

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter. View Post
    Thanks to all that have posted pictures and anecdotal snippets of this memorial and historic event. Seeing everyone mixing, and the smiles on the faces just reinforces my feelings of those special times 30 years ago. I can just imagine the conversations and the questions being asked... Brian to Mike, "so, did you get over that worst cold in the world?", Simon to Allan, "Seen Kenny Rogers lately".
    Stew and Sam, and Milt and Tracy, you deserve all the accolades you have received over this night. You created a one off experience, and set the bar so high that it can not be repeated. Rare is the day that I wish I was back in the UK, but "20th June 2009" will go down as one of them.

Shoulda come Pete,it was worth the airfare for just one night.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Colonel Sanders? Rolf Harris?.......I was sure it was Burl Ives..

phantom raspberry blower Flamin Black A's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rustycoupe View Post
    I owned 11 DYN for about six months, I swapped my Dodge Superbee for it, from memory, Dick Lambert (remember him) bought it from Martin Bonner, I did the deal with Dick, Can't remeber who bought it from me. What a great car, prefered it as the gasser it was, to how it is now, I used to love pulling up at traffic light and looking down at the car next to me, being up so high it seemed huge, then suprise the crap out of the person next me by the speed it would leave the lights, Ah! childish boy racer memories, thanks to 11 DYN for them, again a great car.
    I went to the chelsea cruise last night and look what turned up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information