Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: End of an era.

Grown up? Never!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

End of an era.

I was just sent this picture…

That was The Royal Arc, Wells next the sea. Out of off of The Brass Monkey Run. I don’t know what’s going to be put up in its place, but you can be sure they won’t want ‘old cars’ clogging up he place when it’s done

Anyone want to post some pics of better times down on the seafront?
    I’ll start…

Chaley
    Last edited by chaley; 23-05-2020 at 09:10.
    And on the 6th day Man created god.
    Tetanus

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a shame...I holidayed there as a kid for years....that was the best place on a Saturday for beers.

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya a pity to see it go, used to be where the Brass Monkey Run ended up. Apparently its going to be a temporary car park then the affordably housing for locals. They wont mind old cars parking on there as they know how the charge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always have to laugh when they talk about AFFORDABLE HOUSING , we get the same thing here all around Redwood City one story buildings are being torn down 13 story monsters going on the site with maybe 6designated AFFORDABLE UNITS , affordable in the minds of the r/city councillors that approve these monster projects are $700,000 units or one bedroom flats at $5k a month rent, my question to them is always affordable to who not the person working a 40 hr a week job at some local supermarket or driving a delivery van , Silicon Valley skyline has been nothing but tower cranes this last 5 yrs in the mad scramble to cash in on outrageous property values , it will be interesting to see what happens to all this new housing & office space once the reality of the economic meltdown we have coming along with large unemployment & no money being spent in shops restaurants etc by the little people that used to work for a living & now have no job sets in.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking pickup next to Tetanus
    Norfolk 'n' good but Suffolk 'n' what.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYS CLASSICS.COM View Post
    I always have to laugh when they talk about AFFORDABLE HOUSING , we get the same thing here all around Redwood City one story buildings are being torn down 13 story monsters going on the site with maybe 6designated AFFORDABLE UNITS , affordable in the minds of the r/city councillors that approve these monster projects are $700,000 units or one bedroom flats at $5k a month rent, my question to them is always affordable to who not the person working a 40 hr a week job at some local supermarket or driving a delivery van , Silicon Valley skyline has been nothing but tower cranes this last 5 yrs in the mad scramble to cash in on outrageous property values , it will be interesting to see what happens to all this new housing & office space once the reality of the economic meltdown we have coming along with large unemployment & no money being spent in shops restaurants etc by the little people that used to work for a living & now have no job sets in.
    the ones who advocate affordable house have no interest in "affordable housing" I believe that they are only interested in "Flatten and sell off to a developer" or the reverse "Sell off to a developer and flatten"
    I have spoke so often about Affordable Housing , really I'm wasting my time

first_0001.pdf

The attachment was the first I did (ie thought of as a design) costings ex land £60K

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information