Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Garage section ?

I have to say how great it is to see the work behind many cars . It is oh so easy to walk past a car in a showfield and either give it a simple 'Nice' or just ignore it totally as it's not to your taste. The Garage section really brings these cars to life, together with the hard work and grief that goes into creating / dragging back from the dead.

I know that the section has made me more appreciative of many cars and the simple hard graft and dedication involved. Well done to all who contribute

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    I have to say how great it is to see the work behind many cars . It is oh so easy to walk past a car in a showfield and either give it a simple 'Nice' or just ignore it totally as it's not to your taste. The Garage section really brings these cars to life, together with the hard work and grief that goes into creating / dragging back from the dead.

I know that the section has made me more appreciative of many cars and the simple hard graft and dedication involved. Well done to all who contribute
    Well said Kev,ive got to an age where every car i walk past at a run ,cruise.track i doff my cap to the owner,might not be my thing,but gawd bless-em i/we know the ballax along the way to get it there !.Bry
    My Intro
    Insurance Repairs, MOT Work
    or Full On Restorations

Roberts Motor Bodies

Home of Henry Hirise
    Click to visit our website.

View the Henry Hirise Re-Build

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely right. Speaking as someone less technically skilled than most of people on here, it's really inspiring to see the amount of work and skill that goes in to building a rod or custom car. the fact that so many of you seem to have started with such unpromising base vehicles makes the end results that bit more impressive.
    Obviously all the car builders among you knw all this already, but perhaps there could be some way of explaining it to the public that come to the show next year. Maybe a few of you could trailer you unfinished projects to a show and display them with photos of the build so far?
    Last edited by jez r; 23-12-2009 at 14:43. Reason: spulling

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

ASH
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jez r View Post
    Absolutely right. Speaking as someone less technically skilled than most of people on here, it's really inspiring to see the amount of work and skill that goes in to building a rod or custom car. the fact that so many of you seem to have started with such unpromising base vehicles makes the end results that bit more impressive.
    Obviously all the car builders among you knw all this already, but perhaps there could be some way of explaining it to the public that come to the show next year. Maybe a few of you could trailer you unfinished projects to a show and display them with photos of the build so far?
    That sounds like a good idea might do that with mine if its not finished by the last show of the season ;-)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last time i went to the supernats @ knebworth house the NSRA had an area for the unfinished projects, my mate Bob took his TVR chassis'd 32 roadster and if my memory serves me right a prize for the most promising.

but this was before we had all these car forums and web pages ETC

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said that man. Not only this, but the people who haven't got all the tools and gear, and those who haven't even got a garage and there build is under a tarp at the end of the garden, get just as much respect from me. Some people who see American Hotrod and assume it goes together like a jigsaw, have no idea how hard it can be for some people, and how much more additional effort has to go into some cars to match the standards and detailing of high dollar rods.

I agree, the garage section gives you more respect for those building a rod, rather than respect for the final product: It allows those to praise others and show the reward is truly in the doing.

Merry Christmas

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information