Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

UnhappyHelp with payment to America!

I have bought a few parts from summit in america over the past months, which has generally gone OK.

Now, however, I am trying to buy an ignition set up from Daryl, at fastcoauto. For some bizarre reason, they wont take card payment, I'v had problems with paypal in the past, so dont have an account anymore, he wont take nochex, and weston union charge a fortune to send money abroad.

Come to think of it, they all charge a fortune to send money abroad.

I have also tried to buy various bits from Paul Fink at Race Mart, but again, for some reason my bank hates sending money to america, and they make it very difficult, so he wants paying by wiring the money to him....

All I want to do is pay for the goods on my credit/debit card, (by FAR the best conversion rate for both seller and buyer), get my goods, and be on my way, but it is seemingly impossible to buy anything off anyone except Summit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

How did you get around the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Gwil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ;
    Last edited by Eastern raider; 29-11-2009 at 20:36. Reason: please remove post

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by talk_wrench View Post
    I have bought a few parts from summit in america over the past months, which has generally gone OK.

Now, however, I am trying to buy an ignition set up from Daryl, at fastcoauto. For some bizarre reason, they wont take card payment, I'v had problems with paypal in the past, so dont have an account anymore, he wont take nochex, and weston union charge a fortune to send money abroad.

Come to think of it, they all charge a fortune to send money abroad.

I have also tried to buy various bits from Paul Fink at Race Mart, but again, for some reason my bank hates sending money to america, and they make it very difficult, so he wants paying by wiring the money to him....

All I want to do is pay for the goods on my credit/debit card, (by FAR the best conversion rate for both seller and buyer), get my goods, and be on my way, but it is seemingly impossible to buy anything off anyone except Summit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

How did you get around the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Gwil.
    Had that problem with speedway motors, seems they don't like taking credit cards on first payment, even refused paypal because the account wasn't registered in the states.
    After a few more emails they relented and said they would take a debit car, but by the time they had taken to make up their minds it was to late I'd already bought what I wanted from Valley Gas.
    Nige

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    american express card works if you know any one with one

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 100ev8 View Post
    american express card works if you know any one with one

I haven't seen anyone with an american express in a long time, but I will try.

I dont want to have to buy everything from summit as they are a bit more expensive than the others but its looking to be the only option.

I'v just priced up everything I need (well, want...) on their site, and the total BEFORE shipping is $3600....

Lets face it, would paypal ever send that kind of money abroad? I think not....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can understand why they're concerned with that sort of purchase.

I used to have an Amex card, but because only half of businesses take it I gave up using it.

Is it possible to setup an international payment via your bank? Would probably cost a bit though (e.g £25), but would they accept that?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the problem is because its such a large amount of money.
    How about buying just a couple of small items first so you can get established, I'm sure that once that has gone through OK that they would then be happy to take a bigger order from you.....just an idea.

Saw a thread recently that was mentioning that many places would only ship within 48 states, so shipping outside of the USA is also a problem.
    High tec rods.....elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just shop elsewhere, unless it's something a bit obscure where you have no choice I'd buy from someone else.
    I often posted American Express cheques in US dollars to one or two suppliers in the States but haven't done it for years. You can get them over the counter at American Express.
    I've also bought loads off ebay. Often they'll list as US shipping only, if you ask them politely and they can check your feedback more often than not they'll ship to the UK in my experience. I can't understand why a bank would be sniffy about wiring money, it's easy and they get paid for doing it.
    Al
    Last edited by ALS57; 30-11-2009 at 10:14.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice....

It turns out now, that paying on my credit card is easier, given my credit and debit cards are with the same bank, who knows why that is....

longroof society member yellacar's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

Open an account with the TSB bank they give you an American express card along with a master card, I cut my amexpress card up cos no fu*ker would accept it
    cheers Ian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information