Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  160
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Windscreen - mine is E1 43R so BIVA compliant - yay!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Windscreen washer jets, not sure on this but these might be a fail? radius requirements again. Depends if the testing ball can touch them or not?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpopracing View Post
    Indicators - I cant find anything about minimum size of indicator so I think what I have is ok for size, but they are mounted too low so will need to be repositioned to comply as well as fitting side repeaters (not currently fitted).

I'm thinking I'll mount the indicators below the headlamp off the headlamp trim ring flange bolt with the wire running through the headlamp pod. This is because I don't want to go cutting holes in my flip front - if it was not finished I would just mount them higher up in the wing. This is a side repeater to show the position, a 21w indicator which will be very similar in looks (but with a wider angle of view) will be used. The original indicator hole will be filled with a rubber grommet.

There isn't a size requirement for indicators nor a need for e markings . On something like a Pop or any car with a nose cone moving the light up there may restrict the required angle of visbility which needs to be considered at same time as min/max height PLUS distance from out most side of bodywork. Don't forget the sphere test which will mean that if it touches the indicator it will need to meet rad requirements . If it doesnt touch it doesnt matter.

The sphere test ( of varying sizes) represent knee/ elbow or head head contact by a pedestrian.

Thanks Kev, under headlamp fits the dimension placings - will need to check angles of visibilty - 45 degrees - but might be only 20 if indicators less than 750mm from ground?
    Indcators will be in nice radiused pods
    Last edited by blackpopracing; 07-12-2015 at 23:03.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wipers, - again not sure on these due to radius requirements, the nut that holds them onto the body might need its edges smoothing - a spare set can be rounded off for this if so. Not sure about the wiper blades & arms though - could be a bit of a mare to alter these if they don't comply.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Front number plate fixing? Rules state a radiused (again!) fixing area, but can I just say I will use an adhesive transfer(?) one under the n/s headlamp?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Side repeaters, I have made some using Ford E11 marked lenses with a 10mm ultrabright LED inside, this is so it is a flat unit as again I dont want to drill holes in the wing, it will be bonded on instead. I assume its not an issue to have a little bit of wiring showing as it runs around the wing edge?

Wiring shouldn't be an issue BUT you again need to check angles of visibilty from the rear. If the rear wings make the car wider than the front the angle of visbility probably wont be met and you'll need to look at moving the repeater higher but still within laid down height and distance from front. This is why many include them in the wing mirror .It can also be included in body lines , it can be made small and discrete as no need for e marks again. However in belt line you again need to check lines of visbility which also have a min /max viewing point and sometimes a door handle can get in the way at some point between those points( from experience)

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Windscreen washer jets, not sure on this but these might be a fail? radius requirements again. Depends if the testing ball can touch them or not?

Nope, unlikley to pass ,best to fit modern plastic units which are curved.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wipers, - again not sure on these due to radius requirements, the nut that holds them onto the body might need its edges smoothing - a spare set can be rounded off for this if so. Not sure about the wiper blades & arms though - could be a bit of a mare to alter these if they don't comply.

Nuts normally need a radius or suitable plastic cover ,it's the same with the angled spacers that many set ups use , they will normally fail on radius Blades and arms are exempt .Wipers must meet screen area clearance requirements an be two seperate speeds as laid down. On some motors this may require a 3 wiper set up to provide correct screen cleaning, worth considering before that roof chop.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Front number plate fixing? Rules state a radiused (again!) fixing area, but can I just say I will use an adhesive transfer(?) one under the n/s headlamp?

Nope, MUST have a designated area that can be checked for angles of visibility .Could be created by using clamps on grille bars.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kev,
    Wipers have a good sweep (I modified them to achieve this - from memory 120 degrees) and are 2 speed with intermittent, so job done there Nice to know arms & blades are exempt.

Ok, clamps on grill bars it is for number plate - an easy fix.

Ref side repeaters, this might be a bit of a problem as rear wings are wider than fronts, anywhere else on body is no good as Nick found out! front wings are wider than door mirrors though. Rules state 5 degree angle - I'd better hope that clears the rear wings
    Last edited by blackpopracing; 07-12-2015 at 22:47.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information