Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Latest FBHVC newsletter

849 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kapri 
#1 ·
The link below takes you to the latest newsletter, issue 4 2015:

Newsletter Archive

Some very interesting stuff, I haven't had chance to read it properly yet, but page 8 talks about re-bodying a separate chassis vehicle and major changes to body styles are not acceptable.

Rather than create another heated debate, if you are concerned, lobby your relevant vehicle club, if they aren't interested, leave them and join one that is.

#4 ·
It's an interesting read, some of the previous editions have interesting stuff, not just concerning legislation that needs keeping an eye on. Like I said at the outset, I'm not trying to lecture anyone on what they should/shouldn't do with their own builds, all I'm saying is keep one eye open on what could potentially happen if "we" take the eye off the ball.

#5 ·
as has been said before, they are not really interested in anything that isnt stock although they do mention about cars

", which had over the years been perfectly legally reconstructed, restored, reconstructed and improved suddenly being retrospectively deemed unworthy or at worst illegal and banned from the roads."

#8 ·
...and that is what the NSRA legislation Fund is sat there for , to provide legal back up should something like that have to be fought in a court of law. However I don't really see that happening , if a car is reconstructed / altered then providing it is within the established legal framework then it will still be legal. If they try to change the rules and retrospectively apply them then that is a matter for a court of law .However if it ISN'T built to legal specs then that comes down to the " Your car, your money, your consequences".

#6 ·
There's a lot of "might" and "could possibly" contained within, some, all, most or none could a be a threat or not, depending on whether your glass is half full or half empty. My glass is half full, I just like to make sure no-one is going to top it up with piss and reading a lot of the FBHVC communication everything they've said to date doesn't really give a warm feeling to those into modified cars that like to be 100% squeaky clean.

All I'd like to see is someone with some clout stand up and ensure that the current methods of legally messing about with old cars remains in place.

#10 ·
That's for re-registration / late conversion only ie finding a Bentley saloon in a barn that comes out rebodied as a tourer before applying for registration. They've tightened up and stopped the 8 points system being applied to any vehicle on fresh registration in the UK ie imports as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.