Likes Likes:  10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: At Long Last

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

At Long Last

Well, the countdown has begun and it’s a real pleasure to be able to say we are looking forward to seeing you all at Santa Pod Raceway from the 18th-20th September for the thirty second, annual Hot Rod Drags. We’ve got three packed days of track action for you all to enjoy, featuring the massed ranks of the Outlaw Anglia, Gasser Circus, Supercharged Outlaw and Wild Bunch contingents, along with a very healthy dose of pre ’73 RWYB.

We are also expecting to see Robin Read make an appearance with the new ‘Spirit of Le Patron’ Daimler powered dragster and John Webster is planning to debut his brand new Outlaw Anglia. If you’ve been missing the smell of nitro, Kevin Chapman is planning to put his ‘Thermoreg Racing’ Mustang fuel funny car through its paces too.

There will be the usual Show’n’Shine area for power parking, along with a whole load of NSRA trophies up for grabs.

Camping is available for those with weekend tickets and the showers are now operational Sadly, due to the ongoing restrictions on large gatherings, we have had to give the live entertainment a miss for this year, although there will be a firework display on Saturday evening. We are sure you’ll all be able to find something to pass the time in the evenings though and check on the website for details of the ‘pub garden’, which will be open for business.

For a full breakdown on what’s happening and an update on the current Covid precautions at the track, visit www.hotroddrags.com . Please take the time to read all the guidance, events like this can only take place if we all play by the rules. These guidelines must be adhered to and are in fact ‘The New Normal’. Use that link to book your tickets and remember there will be no facility to purchase tickets on the gate, you MUST pre book. If you are planning to put the pedal to the metal and take part in the RWYB sessions, you MUST pre book those through the website too and you will need to show your Driving Licence at the track too.

Stop Press: *ADDITIONAL RWYB SLOTS NOW AVAILABLE*

We will have a limited number of event T shirts for sale at the track, the ‘shop’ will be opening at 12 noon on Friday, please make sure you know the size you require, there will be no facility to try them on and there can be no exchanges or refunds (except for faulty items).

These are strange and trying times for sure but we hope you can join us, just don’t forget to order your tickets while they are still available.

Take care all. We’ll see you at the track. Martyn, Steve and Alan, The Hot Rod Drags Team.

mockup.jpg

2. Likeskapri, mygasser liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict wakesupremo's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can T shirts be pre ordered?
    If it's got tits or tyres, its gonna be trouble

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, that's not possible.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    MORE UPDATED INFORMATION:

The message from Santa Pod relates to the problems that they are facing with the local authority with regards to the implementation of social distancing in respect of camping.
    At present, on arrival, you will be directed to the next available camping pitch and there will be no provision to 'save a space' for anyone arriving later. If you want to camp adjacent to others, the only way willl be if you arrive together. Large groups are an absolute no-no.
    There will also no re entry once you have left the site, again to comply with local authority guidelines, so you need to bring all the food and drink you need as 'popping out to Tesco' won't be possible.

I'm sure there will be other questions that will need answering so feel free to ask. I will continue to update this thread as news becomes available.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    are there any food vendors open over the weekend?
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be food vendors on site. I'll see if I can get an updated list and post it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    cushty, my stomach got in a right panic there for a while, lol.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

11. Likesalleykat liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think we are just lucky at moment its still on so just got to go with the flow
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    alan .............. my wife is driving our motor home up mid day Friday and i will be following up later that night after work so how will that work ??
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure that will be OK as the camping slot will already be allocated but I will ask the question.
    Last edited by 40Stude; 09-09-2020 at 16:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information