Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Mi5 Bristol = Misery 5

WTF is going on with the M5 Bristol area , I was stuck there for 3 hours yesterday , took over a hour to get from M4 jnc to Gordano services , the Edsel with caravan did not like sitting for that long in the heat , we had to stop at the services because the baby had been sat too long in the car already.
    The services were chaos , had to que to get in then about half hour to get out , then back on motorway to que / stop start all the way to Weston Super Mare then all clear no sign of what caused the hold up , 6 hours from Newbury to home (Sidmouth )

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep same problem last Friday M5 Northbound

I was camping at Branscombe airfield, near Sidmouth last week. Folk festival was good.
    Left Friday at took five hours just to get back to Brockworth, gloucs M5 junc 11a. M5 was horrendous but no apparent reason for it.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    M5 is a nightmare at the best of times, as around Bristol there's a fair amount of commuter traffic (a la M25), which causes knock on jams. There's whole studies into why there are unaccountable traffic jams - like all that stuff about somebody's brake lights coming on and ten miles back there's a pile up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    M5 -A303- A38 whichever way your fooked if you want to go South West , unless you travel early hours of the morning

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah - just like the good old days - leave East London for Cornwall (no M25 or M5 then) A3, A303 - 10/12 yours later - Cornwall.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4potHemi View Post
    M5 is a nightmare at the best of times, as around Bristol there's a fair amount of commuter traffic (a la M25), which causes knock on jams. There's whole studies into why there are unaccountable traffic jams - like all that stuff about somebody's brake lights coming on and ten miles back there's a pile up.
    Yeah, it's just shear volume of commuters, logistics and holidayers trying to navigate the big M4/M5 junction. It's as bad in the burbs as well so no escape. Cant see it being resolved any time soon.

I saw one of those documentaries on motorways! A near miss or anything that causes heavy breaking on a busy stretch can create a standstill tail back that takes hours to dissapate as following cars do the same. Very weird.
    "I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict."
    Carroll Shelby

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must have added to it then as when the traffic finally started to move I popped the Edsel into drive and it did a Christine on me , the battery died, lucky my Son was behind , he managed to get in the works lane along side with jump leads , not what you need with a que of already ****ed of people behind

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its chaos down here in the westcountry - there are accidents and incidents practically daily now on the stretch from bristol heading down to taunton and beyond. Summer holidaysits gridlock most of friday, all day saturday, and even on mondays now (which is something that's just started happening over the last 2 years or so). Everyone here dreads the summer holidays...

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never thought I'd say this fella's - but isn't living within and travelling around London and its suburbs great? - you can leave the car at home and use Buses, Rail, DLR, muliple tube lines and avoid all the unexpected and unplanned delays, hold-ups and accidents and sress..........don't envy all the poor *******s attempting to go on holiday in the UK or even driving to a UK airport.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information