Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  3
+ Reply to Thread
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

NSVA Truck-In 2019

Last weekend was the NSVA Truck-In 2019 and as even I have trouble loading photos on here I have posted a link to an exelent photographers photos of an exelent weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/VanInsur...&__tn__=-UCH-R
    "…si quid habet mammas vel rotas, res habebis difficiles aliquando,"
    "Carpe diem" -Quintus Horatius Flaccus (65 BC – 8 BC).

What Would the Dude Do?

2. Likes296moon liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

of the Croydon Teds Nigel Incubator-Jones's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    And a very good Truck-In it was! Vanning's got to be one of the most fun and creative areas of customising and there's nothing like seeing the nation's finest all in one place.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

5. LikesEvil McNasty liked this post
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    These vans deserver to be seen, so while I've got a minute I'll stick a few more photos up there.

For a start, take a look at these contemporary spins on the custom van trend. It's nice to be nostalgic and celebrate the past, but we gotta keep moving and these two are leading the way forward.

The photo doesn't really show it, but this Mk. III Transit had a very tasteful full custom interior.

This '92 Econoline has obviously been extensively reworked and now, to my eyes, has a more European flavour. The effort paid off because it took top honours in the show 'n' shine.

Panel vans may not have quite the same cultural significance as your full-size boogie van, but they're still cool and sometimes, as in the case of this '51 Chevy Suburban, very rare.

Bedford CF2 resists the temptation to ride high and wear loud colours - instead it goes low and smooth, which is a statement in itself.

Time for one of my favourite phrases: not many people know this, but Airstream made motorhomes as well as caravans. This Airstream Argosy dates from 1978.

Plain and simple, but full of California cool: patinated '74 Dodge Tradesman
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 02-07-2019 at 21:34.
    Wanted! Back issues of Street Machine, American Car World/American Car and Classic American. Please PM.

7. Likes32FORD liked this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid this post is going to be a bit Dodgy...

1990 Dodge B250 exudes '70s vibes

The '70s Dodge thing just keeps getting better and better: seaweed flames and a spaceship give this one its identity

Valhalla '78 Dodge pays tribute to a lost star of the '70s scene

Lastly, I present a real survivor. '75 Tradesman Orange Crush has everything: Turbovecs, side pipes, panel paint, an airbrushed name, truck mirrors, porthole lips, CB and a furry interior.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

A few '60s vans featured, too. The Kicks '66 Econoline is relatively understated, but the fat Fandango rubber suggests it might be a 'go' van more than a show van

'66 Chevy van wears its years with pride

A special display of Bedford CFs was arranged to celebrate the model's 50th birthday. While the CF family was celebrating its golden anniversary, this particular van is a survivor now in its 40th year as a custom.

For all that I was praising contemporary thinking, the fact remains that the very best thing vans all have murals and a themed interior. Dragon Wagon did the job very nicely.

Finally, Truck-Ins have been staged annually since 1974 (I think - please correct me if I'm wrong). This 400E came along just in time - it was customised in '73 and has never missed a Truck-In.

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is also for sale ��
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 32FORD; 02-07-2019 at 23:02.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information