Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

omg

3K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  Special When Lit 
#1 ·
found this on ebay,look at the wheel angles

See less See more
#20 ·
Which is the REAL problem, they have no valid insurance if the shit hits the fan, first time someone gets really hurt and it hits the media what are all the clowns who run that shit gonna do?...they are gonna fk it up for everyone, thats what.
Vehicles with uncovered tyres are illegal in the UK, its called bending rules to (try) look cool.

Not quite the same subject as the posted vehicle,... but I spent 3k putting 12" rims correctly under my car, I suppose I should have just cut the quarter panel 12" higher and let them stick out:shake:....I detest that form over function (type) garbage.

#19 ·
camber like that on an air cooled vw is not a new thing. people have been doing it for a long time.
And i bet they love driving their pride and joy around.
I would hadly call them stretched tyres on wide wheels. Check out some of the cars in the water cooled vw scene, some of them are silly!
And there are a fair few vw's that would leave a lot of rods for dead, both air cooled and water cooled. My first love is hot rods, but you cant help but respect a 12/13 second car. Theres some serious engineering in some of the cars out there, even if you dont like the car/style.

#29 ·
I think that last one is really clever, I don't like it, but it's not a thrown together wreck either.
Yeah it's got stupid wheels and tyres, but they are something like 15s or 16s on bigger split rims so the tyre looks stretched, but isn't really, they just run on a second lip inside the wheel. If you look it ain't silly low and other than the exhaust at the rear it's scrublines are intact.
Imagine what some of these could do to a real car with a push in the right direction?

Horses for courses.

Chaley

#37 ·
Not for me in any way shape or form, I'd love to have a look at some of the engineering underneath as well.

But, what it is is a modern vehicle modified to look just about as wacky and cartoon-ish as possible, not dissimilar to what was happening with the Roth-style creations of the early 60's. If forums had existed back then I bet there would be four pages of comments very similar to he ones here!

I'll repeat, "not for me in any way shape or form........." etc, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.