Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro tourers

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro tourers

Will we see this gain in popularity here or not. Personally I love it, using old muscle cars bringing them back up to date with all the technology but still maintaning the shape from th factory. How many are being built here?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Not being built here but how about a pro-touring bug

Well worth a read and it's the guy who I got a lot of my bits (his old stuff) from.

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44130

Meep Meep.
    My Intro

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know for a few Camaros being built into Pro Touring cars & the Camaro seems to be THE most popular PT car in the US. The strange thing is, is that the PT scene has been going on for some time in the US now but has barely caught on over here. In the US there's a huuuuge aftermarket for the industry/scene, but maybe it's the cost of importing that stuff over here is the limiting factor as to why it's not really taken off in this country. We seem to still be embracing the Pro Street attitude, which died a death a long time ago in the US. If you look at a lot of the PT cars being built they are spending absolute fortunes on them with aftermarket everything. A car with $100,00 seems to be quite average with some cars costing a lot more. Even second hand PT cars at Barrett Jackson Auctions fetch well in excess of $100K. I don't see many people in this country spending that sort of money on cars, whereas over there it seems to be the norm.

cheers.....Nige

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I like the Pro Touring look even though it's done to death in the US. Every Foose car seems to be done the same way. Big brakes, wheels, little tyres and slammed. Can't they do anything else? However, that said if I keep my Dart then........hmm!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like u say the camaro seems to the "32" of the PT world. The mopars seem to be gaining inpopularity along with the mustangs and early 60s chevys. The aftermarket for PT's is growing so fast and events like the SEMA show promote all the new stuff. The Overhaulin shows are good but foose seems to stick with the stock interiors unless he is building for a customer like the "terracude". $100k fair amount of money. Top pro built rods here in the uk cost the same in some cases. PT built cars are using the same body tricksm smoothing everything etc, so some tricks have been used in a similar vain. Not a fan of the old numbers matching restored stuff but PT's definetly floating my boat

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love the look, havnt any piks but my 2 door magnum was as low as the suspension/chassis allowed and ran 8x18 rims with 35 profile rubber, bigger brakes, v8, recaros, dont think the phrase pro touring was around then, that was in 1998
    i want cubic inches! lots of em!!

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the lack of Pro-touring cars is partly down to the cost of building and now a serious lack of cheap project cars [60s Muscle ]
    In the States there are still abandoned project or ex-weekend strip warriors available for reasonable cost ,thats a big advantage in getting you started!
    In the UK I think a lot of owners are scared of loss of resale value and narrowing a small sector of buyers even more. Over here there are more potential buyers prepared to pay top money for a 'factory correct/ numbers matching' muscle car ,how many of us can afford to lay out 20k in parts and mods to a car with little hope of getting it back...I would love to do a big budget pro-tourer but in reality when I build my 'bird it will be more of a resto/mod with some ideas borrowed from the Big Bucks boys.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by harris66 View Post
    i love the look, havnt any piks but my 2 door magnum was as low as the suspension/chassis allowed and ran 8x18 rims with 35 profile rubber, bigger brakes, v8, recaros, dont think the phrase pro touring was around then, that was in 1998
    The 1st famous pro- tourer was a '69 Camaro called 'Big Red' built in1988 it was made famous because it raced in the Silver State road race in Nevada. It was a 200mph car and blew the doors off everything!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird68 View Post
    The 1st famous pro- tourer was a '69 Camaro called 'Big Red' built in1988 it was made famous because it raced in the Silver State road race in Nevada. It was a 200mph car and blew the doors off everything!

saw a prog about that car, ruddy marvalous it was,
    i want cubic inches! lots of em!!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    si,i sat and read through 25 pages of the bug build and thats going to be one evil car...

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in