Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie rickbwigan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess it depends how good you want it to be.
    "turn right to go left"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each to their own, but chemical cleaning strips the surface of the paint off - not really good for it in my opinion.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpopracing View Post
    Each to their own, but chemical cleaning strips the surface of the paint off - not really good for it in my opinion.
    mopping will reshine it,You have to clean first with chemical like tfr or jeep,It only really kills the old celly or a poorly looked after direct gloss,And its got to be mopped does it matter

5. Likesmygasser liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    if it's a £20,000 show car paint job fill ya boots with the clay bar, but then 'if' it was a £20,000 show car paint job i guess it wouldn't have been left out to go flat so...........
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie rickbwigan's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the embedded particles of dirt stuck in the paint will help make horrible swirl marks when mopped. (im guessing mopped means polished?) again depends how good you want it to be.
    "turn right to go left"

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickbwigan View Post
    the embedded particles of dirt stuck in the paint will help make horrible swirl marks when mopped. (im guessing mopped means polished?) again depends how good you want it to be.
    To be fair mate you can clay ,As soon as you mop you get swirls .Its all about going through the grades an heads,Forgot to mention ive been prepping cars since 1984I think kev wants a general get the **** off clean before a mop and not a detail

10. Likeskapri liked this post
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my two cents, for cleaning a car that been sat for a while is TFR traffic film remover you can get it at Euro Car Parts, i use a pump style garden sprayer to get cover everywhere also makes very light work of dreaded brake dust on alloys, or even one of them portable jet wash things that are popping up everywhere I use them on the motocross bike before a petrol station jet wash haha, then jet wash or hose the car down, then I brake out the snow foam attachment for the jet wash, you can buy cheap ones of eBay and Amazon for like £15 and they’re pretty good, but you can skip that if you don’t want the fancy gadget and do a good old soapy hand wash, I like them microfibre hand mitts, I go in straight lines with light pressure rather than a scrubbing motion to get minimal scratch’si And I use a soap that doesn’t have wax in, at the minute I’m using a chemical guys citrus one and it works wonders but any decent wax less shampoo should work. Rinse again and then because I have the towels I dry at this stage, and if I’m going to polish I would then clay bar, i use the chemical guys rubber clay bar because every now and then I drop it and it can be cleaned rather than thrown in the bin, it’s not to much work and is definitely worth the results

12. Likeskapri liked this post
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my two cents, for cleaning a car that been sat for a while is TFR traffic film remover you can get it at Euro Car Parts, i use a pump style garden sprayer to get cover everywhere also makes very light work of dreaded brake dust on alloys, or even one of them portable jet wash things that are popping up everywhere I use them on the motocross bike before a petrol station jet wash haha, then jet wash or hose the car down, then I brake out the snow foam attachment for the jet wash, you can buy cheap ones of eBay and Amazon for like £15 and they’re pretty good, but you can skip that if you don’t want the fancy gadget and do a good old soapy hand wash, I like them microfibre hand mitts, I go in straight lines with light pressure rather than a scrubbing motion to get minimal scratch’si And I use a soap that doesn’t have wax in, at the minute I’m using a chemical guys citrus one and it works wonders but any decent wax less shampoo should work. Rinse again and then because I have the towels I dry at this stage, and if I’m going to polish I would then clay bar, i use the chemical guys rubber clay bar because every now and then I drop it and it can be cleaned rather than thrown in the bin, it’s not to much work and is definitely worth the results

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 simple products i keep in the garage and trimshop ………………… TARDIS for any gue , glue or tar and G101 stubborn grime both from autosmart and available on ebay after that for general old school wash and wax DUET
    www.customcoachtrimming.co.uk www.trimshop.co.uk hot rod and custom interiors ......ring 01386 834454 for a quote on any simple repair to full build custom interior or email me [email][email protected]
    57 chevy interior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z_qwE-LG_8

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use snow foam on a jet wash lance for getting rid of the initial crap and debris. Really easy to use, spray all over, wait 10 minutes, rinse off. Then I use various other cleaners for the finer/grottier stuff. I get all my kit from Autobrite Direct. Highly recommended.

https://www.facebook.com/Autobritedirect
    or
    https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information