Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Surrey Street Rodders Homeless!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Whiff 
#1 ·
A few threads on Rodsnsods and other sites have made comments about the Surrey Street Rodders not meeting at the usual haunt anymore and I had kept quiet because I had hoped DB would mention it in this months CC but it didn't happen.
So here's the lowdown on the lowdown that's been going down in the Surrey downs but are we down?
After some 34 year of meeting at Shackleford Village Hall time has been called on the Club. Seems the Pilate classes and nursery are more profitable than the snooker table and bar, so the SSR has had to move on. A fourfold hike in the rent made it not financially viable. Unfortunately most of the club memorabilia including charity "thank you"s etc from the many benefactors from past Wheels Day shows were also moved on….. to the builder's skip, much to our annoyance. Seems the numbskull that removed them couldn't relate the engraved words Surrey Street Rodders to the club Surrey Street Rodders.
I'm sure a lot of our southern readers can remember at least one do, be it model drag racing, a film, a presentation or even the odd music bash at the village social club.
So a new era dawns. Club meetings will still be held on 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month. The 1st Tuesday at a local pub and 3rd Tuesday at a club member's garage, each meeting location details will eventually be posted on the club website www.surreystreetrodders.com or call Whiff on 07961157148 for details. Calls cost 1 beer per min!

Whiff
www.surreystreetrodders.com
www.whiffs.co.uk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.