+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Viva las vegas

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Viva las vegas

Quote Originally Posted by BIGYIN View Post
    unfortunately prety much none of these proper hot rods and customs could be legally run in the uk so made the whole exercise of trying to rekindle my enthusiasm for the UK rod scene futile ...LOL... some nice stuff though...
    youve turned into a miserable fooker,lol.

so whats the build quality like on these cars out there.are some of the rattier stuff as scary as they look.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice stuff there - I'd have thought the custom stuff could be relatively easily done over here? Shoebox Fords and the like can work without resorting to Mustang II setups and airbags, you just have to do what they did first time round and maybe put up with some compromises on ride quality or handling.

Shame that A Coupe in the last set could be a ticket-magnet over here.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie blocckhead 1996's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I wish I had been there , Lots of cool cars, thanks for posting the pictures

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately prety much none of these proper hot rods and customs could be legally run in the uk so made the whole exercise of trying to rekindle my enthusiasm for the UK rod scene futile
    So why not just take some inspiration from what you see in this thread and adapt the ideas so the spirit of the builds can be turned into something legal in this country?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure most Kustoms could be made BIVA/ SVA compliant without too much compromise, though I don't expect the authorities would look too kindly on anything overtly rusty or ratty. Nice pics by the way

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dunxster View Post
    So why not just take some inspiration from what you see in this thread and adapt the ideas so the spirit of the builds can be turned into something legal in this country?
    That was the idea, but the ideas will probably be used in more traditional resto work. Building some vintage race car stuff so some of the trad mehods will cross over ( or cross back again since they were vintage race stuff to begin with) . Ive built rods in the past in the spirit of rodding eg 32 3 window, chopped glass body homebuilt swaged chassis daimler V8 sherpa rear etc but was never happy with the car ( the chassis of which is still on the road under a steel coupe body after 20 years on the road) likewise several other builds disapointed me becaue they were always a compromise.. ( or built in the spirit of hot rodding ) Now I can afford to build the car I really wanted a couple of years ago, i cant be arsed doing it ..... LOL...

ref the build quality I would say that on the whole despite the external look ( which I love) the engineering was solid and well done. Some of the welding was suspect in places and they dont need to fit floors and stuff but on the whole they were prety good and no the ****e that was being churned out 4 or 5 years ago... rat rods ....they had there place and had some good ideas despite being thrown together.. you could say they were the cars tossed together "in the spirit of rodding " ?? whatever ...

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

dragged out a couple of detail pics to give an idea of build quality, its fair to say that it was on the whole pretty good, I dont want to turn this into a biva/sva rant, ( makes me sick even considering those pointless tests) but things we would take for granted to get an mot are not considered over there. I saw loads of wires coming through raw holes in metal sheet, and metal brake pipes rubbing , no parking brakes, etc some basic stuff, not withstanding those wee points most of the actual engineering was sound.. anyways that wasnt the point of the post It was a pic post ... so here goes..

This car might by some be described as a rat rod when they first saw it, what it is though is totally original, I took an hour to look it over and its totally detailed, strong as a strong thing, with everything in the right place and well packaged.. It was a tidy car well detailed, pro built, and 500bhp....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BIGYIN; 12-04-2010 at 20:38.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGYIN View Post
    unfortunately prety much none of these proper hot rods and customs could be legally run in the uk so made the whole exercise of trying to rekindle my enthusiasm for the UK rod scene futile ...LOL... some nice stuff though...
    hi, ya needs to keep ya chin up here fella, build a car that WILL be legal to drive on uk roads, theres some fellas on here that will give some great advice on how to go about it, it has been proved you can have a cool car on the street, allmost 40 years ago it was less regulations, were still ****in here man , still building em
    and thanks for the pics,,i too like this allmost macabre approach
    Last edited by satan; 12-04-2010 at 19:07.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

more, the first two are the same car, scratch built frame etc this car had sway away steering and some realy cool ideas,

the next 3 are just general pics for ideas.... none of which would get through a bull**** test..
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BIGYIN; 12-04-2010 at 19:18.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

more detail pics, This was one of my favourite cars there.. the work in this was ace..
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information