Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

WHO can supply - Supercharger serpentine belts

OK Folks... I'm struggling to find anyone in the UK who can supply me with, or even come up with an alternative, to the serpentine belt I have on my S197 ROUSHcharged 09 Mustang GT.

As it is a service part, I'm shocked it's not easily availble.

The belt is R07020063-13-AA
    Which is ROUSH PN 404078.

Its a 6 rib belt. 3396 mm long ( 132-n-5/8").

Two outlets that listed it as in stock - Didn't have it in stock.

3 places that advertise it as Order On Demand - Tell me its no longer available.

CJ pony parts say its not available... but don't suggest an alternative.

ROUSH wont sell them direct to Overseas customers - only to authorised dealers.

Several service centers I called, who advertise they service all Mustangs...told me I'd have to source the belt myself, cos they can't get them.

Surly I can't be the only person with this issue, cos they made lots of these spec cars.

I'm not bothered if it's not a ROUSH belt.. a quality aftermarket one will be just fine.

If anyone one knows a decent supplier contact ... I'll try them.

Or anyone with a spare one... I'll buy it, cos mine is starting to squeal like a pig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict choppedblownpop's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the usual suspects, rock auto,summit, jegs,speedway etc. I know their not in the UK, but I get goodies from them in a week-10 days

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look for power transmision service centres in your area, people like Fenner, Swann etc, take your belt with you and they should be able to supply one. They'll just do it off the size and number of ribs and not the fact it fits your car.
    It's only funny till someone gets hurt..........then it's friggin' hilarious

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    '62 Ford Thunderbird
    '81 Datsun Bluebird SSS Turbo
    '81 Datsun Bluebird SSS

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chopped Blown ...yup tried all them ...they all say NOT AVAILABLE...and don't have an alternative.

Slam63 ...ha ha ha ... Since you have no idea where I live...it's 50miles to a motorway from here and nothing, inbetween.... everywhere I tried just blew me off ...all they want is a reg No and to supply std belts....no one up North ( proper North -- not effing Manchester in the midlands)

30PSI ...yup they advertise it ...but can't supply it .....

One spot TORQEN, even said they had one in stock, so I ordered and paid for it....A week later I called to ask where it was ...they said it's been discontinued and they can't get one..... :****er:

Currently NEMESIS are trying to get me one direct from ROUSH...but earliest they say it'll be here is End Sept.....

I thought the UK had a better set up than this for American stuff, and was more helpful ....Has been for most things I've needed, they have been a week or from the USA a month...this one has surprised me....its a chuffin belt for a mustang FFS

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drop them an email and see if they can help

https://www.fptgroup.com/Belt-Drives/
    It's only funny till someone gets hurt..........then it's friggin' hilarious

longroof society member yellacar's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys

Action Man it sounds like you have a poly V belt, if you haven't tried already try googling Poly V belt suppliers.

Cheers Ian

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slammer... well its a possibility.... They never answered my e-mails so I phoned em ....Fenner say they don't have a cross reference but will have a look if I take it in ..... so a 100mile run out is on the cards

Yella ..yup I've tried all that .....most of say NOPE ....the rest only search for stuff on a car reg and then can only supply std belts, which aren't what I need... or if I call in with it ..... Which is a bit pointless when most of em are 200 miles away.

Have to say I'm rather disappointed with auto suppliers with this one..... how bloody hard can it be

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    those poly v belts are used on all sorts of machinery, not just cars. maybe widen the search away from automotive into more general belt suppliers. they won't ask for reg' or chassis numbers, just spec's.
    neil.
    need a job done on your project? i may be able to help.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain, we have a 900hp V10 Paxton blown Ram in our little camp, **** 6 rib belt from Paxton and all the pulleys have 7 grooves.....Gates wanted £2000 to make 10....that means it doesn't exist, I know it had a Honda 7 rib pulley put on the P/s pump to get round THAT problem but cant I fk remember where the belt came from.
    It works great now but I cant remember what exactly was done
    I'll touch down with my mate who owns it tonight and get the full story as I did not do all the job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information