Who had the 1st Pro Steet Car in the UK?
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

 
Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 135
  1. #1
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    1,409
    Images
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    randrhotrodimports is offline

    Who had the 1st Pro Steet Car in the UK?

    Well Alan and i were pinching another thread so here is one dedicated to that subject.
    Alan can you cut and paste some of the other stuff as i cant on my terminal?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Huge Member! Throttledwife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    525
    Images
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Throttledwife is offline

    Real Pro Street...

    Barry Dacey,s Chevy Vega gotta be a contender.
    3.5 and 15x15,s
    Strut front end
    Full monkey bar roll cage
    Full ally interior
    Big Block an Powerglide

    Nuff said
    Ride em..wreck em..an never check em....

  4. #3
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,777
    Images
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    40Stude is offline
    Here you go:

    I wonder if Nicks 47 Ford Porkies could have the title as 1st Pro Steeter Kev?


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kapri
    No. I think they are two different animals, both iconic cars but not interchangeable ie Henry Hirise one of the first of a style ( gasser) , front cover car of the first issue of a new mag and TV advert featured but primarily a street car . Red Victor an incredible piece of street /strip performance ,holding many titles and highly respected ( as it should be ) for its achievements but mainly a drag raced influenced motor.

    I think Henry was a product of those times and there is unlikley to be anything as different or groundbreaking ( for these shores) nowadays. Probably the nearest thing to it would be the first Prostreeter built over here ( sorry I've no idea to who that title woud go?) .

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Dragging not Bragging vince-305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S.E London
    Posts
    5,716
    Images
    513
    Post Thanks / Like
    vince-305 is offline
    Big bro HAS the first and only prostreet styled mk4 Zephyr (To our knowledge ) Built in the 80s but never really go the ATTENTION it deserved

    Was it the first ???

    May of been !!! But no one will know

    Was in a pic of chelsea cruise in one of the mags
    (but got the name wrong and was called an aircraft carrier)

    Where's the anoracks when you need em
    Bit'z 'N' Piece's
    Ford consul mk2 chevy powered highrider

  7. #5
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    1,409
    Images
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    randrhotrodimports is offline
    oK I am out on limb here but was it white?, in Street Machine way back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttledwife View Post
    Barry Dacey,s Chevy Vega gotta be a contender.
    3.5 and 15x15,s
    Strut front end
    Full monkey bar roll cage
    Full ally interior
    Big Block an Powerglide

    Nuff said

  8. #6
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,777
    Images
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    40Stude is offline
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by randrhotrodimports
    I wonder if Nicks 47 Ford Porkies could have the title as 1st Pro Steeter Kev?

    If you are talking race inspired, low, full cage then I'd say 'Mr Torquer' in its first guise would have to rank up their Russ. Thruxton 82 or thereabouts. I don't think the term Pro Street had even been thought of at that time.

  9. #7
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,777
    Images
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    40Stude is offline
    When it was white Alan?, certainly another up there with the stars car imho.
    Didn,t Clarkson do a report on Nicks car way back and was less than kind?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 40Stude
    If you are talking race inspired, low, full cage then I'd say 'Mr Torquer' in its first guise would have to rank up their Russ. Thruxton 82 or thereabouts. I don't think the term Pro Street had even been thought of at that time.

    __________________

  10. #8
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,777
    Images
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    40Stude is offline
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by randrhotrodimports
    When it was white Alan?, certainly another up there with the stars car imho.
    Didn,t Clarkson do a report on Nicks car way back and was less than kind?



    Yep, when it was white.

    Nick's 47 would have been around 86 I'd guess and yes, Clarkson did pull it to pieces. Described the driving position as similar to sitting on the khazi from memory. Happy days eh?

    Just thought, what about Paul Bird's Pop? Other than the oversize rear arches, it was a classic pro street car in it's first guise, with the red white and blue graphics and that was the early 80's too. By 85/86 Rudi Bartholdi's Ford 8 was out and about too.

    Sorry Liam, we seem to have highjacked your thread. Now back to Red Victor 2...

  11. #9
    Huge Member! Throttledwife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    525
    Images
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Throttledwife is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by randrhotrodimports View Post
    oK I am out on limb here but was it white?, in Street Machine way back?
    It was bright yellow (painted by Kev Elliot) on the cover of CC early 80,s it was a dedicated Pro Street issue. It had Winston Sewells Rover Coupe amongst others featured in it.

    Just remembered Ray Whites Zepher is an early one and there was a Vauxhall Chevette with a 383 BB Mopar full Pro Street in white later got painted black cant remember who built it?
    Ride em..wreck em..an never check em....

  12. #10
    Official RnS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    1,409
    Images
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    randrhotrodimports is offline
    Cheers Al, Had Reudi round two weeks ago and we got talking about his Ford, hes into the historic racing thing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    Here you go:

    I wonder if Nicks 47 Ford Porkies could have the title as 1st Pro Steeter Kev?


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kapri
    No. I think they are two different animals, both iconic cars but not interchangeable ie Henry Hirise one of the first of a style ( gasser) , front cover car of the first issue of a new mag and TV advert featured but primarily a street car . Red Victor an incredible piece of street /strip performance ,holding many titles and highly respected ( as it should be ) for its achievements but mainly a drag raced influenced motor.

    I think Henry was a product of those times and there is unlikley to be anything as different or groundbreaking ( for these shores) nowadays. Probably the nearest thing to it would be the first Prostreeter built over here ( sorry I've no idea to who that title woud go?) .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •