Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Woodies thread.

67K views 445 replies 84 participants last post by  insanityvans 
#1 ·
I've discovered that lots of people on here like woodies....so I've started a thread, mainly 'unusual' or 'odd' woodies...........please feel free to add to it. In fact PLEASE add to it. (Oh, and just because I've put it on here doesn't mean I like it!!)

Resurrection Chariot, a "woody wagon hot rod" based on a Datsun 1600 roadster chassis. "Mags, radials, spare engine, trans and many other parts," the seller wrote. "I have driven it about 10,000 miles since I built it. Good potential for advertising your business. Will trade up or down for Jaguar Mk V engine or parts car." The Glen Ellyn, Illinois, seller wanted $1,500 for the Chariot. Let's just hope it didn't become a Chariot of Fire (*groans*).

Ford F1 woody from Brazil.

Argentinian 'Hunting' Ford. Notice the Dog cage at the back.

1950 Bently woodie....in USA (of course) worth how much????

This MM Traveller is in the UK...and how good does it look??

VW woodie at Wavecrest 2008

PT Cruiser.......why?

Wooden sided Mini in USA

???????

Mobile outhouse? Real hillbillies?

I'm waiting to see a woodie totrod over here in the UK.

Road legal woodie golf cart

See less See more
#110 · (Edited)
Keep em coming Ken!!!!

They all count and they are all woodies!!! All the all wood bodies had fabric roofs over the wood slats. And you've got to imagine the amount of work that went into the all cedar woodie car!

I've got a few more pics form Wavecrest and will put them on later today.

#112 ·
It's fairly early in the morning, so I am probably missing something here! All the all wood, woodies had fabric covered roofs as they did not have metal roofs, they had wooden slatted roofs....that doesn't mean that everything with a fabric roof was all wood....

Please Ken,. tell me if I missed something

#118 ·
Just found these.....

#137 ·
How come I've only just found this thread? Some wonderful kit on here...always fancied building a Triumph Herald woody estate (I know but try and picture it before dismissing...) This Y was apparently built for use on a private estate for a titled owner, I could definitely find space on my drive...

Or space in my lake...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.