Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Woodies thread.

67K views 445 replies 84 participants last post by  insanityvans 
#1 ·
I've discovered that lots of people on here like woodies....so I've started a thread, mainly 'unusual' or 'odd' woodies...........please feel free to add to it. In fact PLEASE add to it. (Oh, and just because I've put it on here doesn't mean I like it!!)

Resurrection Chariot, a "woody wagon hot rod" based on a Datsun 1600 roadster chassis. "Mags, radials, spare engine, trans and many other parts," the seller wrote. "I have driven it about 10,000 miles since I built it. Good potential for advertising your business. Will trade up or down for Jaguar Mk V engine or parts car." The Glen Ellyn, Illinois, seller wanted $1,500 for the Chariot. Let's just hope it didn't become a Chariot of Fire (*groans*).

Ford F1 woody from Brazil.

Argentinian 'Hunting' Ford. Notice the Dog cage at the back.

1950 Bently woodie....in USA (of course) worth how much????

This MM Traveller is in the UK...and how good does it look??

VW woodie at Wavecrest 2008

PT Cruiser.......why?

Wooden sided Mini in USA

???????

Mobile outhouse? Real hillbillies?

I'm waiting to see a woodie totrod over here in the UK.

Road legal woodie golf cart

See less See more
#138 ·
a few from HB last year, black ford was just parked up and found whilst we were on a bike ride, the Chevy was parked at the rear of our appartment, never moved all week and i so wanted see moving loads of road rash but i loved it, the last the 51 was at MOON and was needing $30,000 of wood resto, but its original MOON from the early brochures

#139 ·
a few from HB last year, black ford was just parked up and found whilst we were on a bike ride, the Chevy was parked at the rear of our appartment, never moved all week and i so wanted see moving loads of road rash but i loved it, the last the 51 was at MOON and was needing $30,000 of wood resto, but its original MOON from the early brochures

HB?

Love that steel woodie......the visor and peaks add to it.

#141 ·
Bud, we were told by our appartment owners to pull up at the garage behind the house and right there was the chevy and a lime green new beetle, Karens daily is a lime green new beetle, what a start to our hols...

Rod[/QUOTE]

How tempted were you to try and bring it home?? At Wavecrest this year there was an 'uncared for' 55 Nomad, looking like the Chevy in your pics, parked round the back of a block for sale. although I'm into woodies...that was soooooooo tempting.

#142 ·
Bud, we were told by our appartment owners to pull up at the garage behind the house and right there was the chevy and a lime green new beetle, Karens daily is a lime green new beetle, what a start to our hols...

Rod
How tempted were you to try and bring it home?? At Wavecrest this year there was an 'uncared for' 55 Nomad, looking like the Chevy in your pics, parked round the back of a block for sale. although I'm into woodies...that was soooooooo tempting.
[/QUOTE]

That's not a Nomad, it's a 2 door wagon, as the plate indicates. I'm no expert on Tri 5 trim options but that side spear 210? Cool car though.

#144 ·
Anyone help throw qany light on this please??? Converted in the Uk before then finding it's way to California where it enjoys the sun and scantily clothed beach babes!
Anyone seen it before of have any idea of its origin please?

#147 ·
Cool thread :tup:

Know it aint real.... well not yet anyways, Woodie concept i knocked up a few years ago, based on a ford squire but with longer doors grafted in from a two door saloon.
Gonna build this one day love woodies me. :tup:

#156 ·
We were at the santa barbara woodie show and my old man will literally talk to anyone, which sometimes has it's advantages!
The man who's garage you can see invited us back to his gated estate up in the hills overlooking the pacific, having only met us at the show. He used to be in the l.a.p.d and had took an early retirement to focus on his cars, surfboards and art. As you do. the 57 nomad is his, he had 2 econolines as well, a roof full of priceless vintage surfboards and memorabilia. He was a really nice bloke as well, let us hang about by his pool. got some more pics as well:

Tom

#167 ·
#222 ·
Very, very rare Studebaker woodie.

This car used to be owned by me, I bought this back around 1993 / 94 and owned it for just over 4 years, I stripped it and took the body off the chassis to restore it but gave up after 4 years....., it was a one off car, never another one made, anything missing would need to be made, it does have loads of history this car.... it was a uk gov car and brought to the uk in 37, it was commissioned during the war which is why it now has metal front doors, I did have a picture of it with wood front doors and the car was painted army green, there are pictures in books of the queen and a young royal at a shooting party in this car on a famous estate, and the person who owned it before me was Edward heath ... the prime minister.

Restored properly and documented correctly, this car would be worth serious bucks, I did think about rodding it too, but I am glad I sold it on because it lead me on to buy my 58 Cadillac coupe de ville, I part ex'd the woodie for the 58 Caddy both needing restoration, I finished my 58 Cadillac coupe 7 years later and then sold it restored to buy my 58 Cadillac convertible..... follow that dream thats what I say.....:)

Good luck to Tony restoring this car, be nice to see it done one day.

#175 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.