Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool'63 Chevy C10 swb stepside V8 truck

This kool old truck has had **** loads of work done since arrival a couple of months ago and will be MOTd, UK registered and taxed on 1st Dec or thereabouts.
    It came to me with a knocking big end, so the engine was ripped out and replaced with a period V8 283 cu in small block that was a freshly reconditioned unit and was still in the crate. We had to swap over the inlet and exhaust manifolds, sump, etc so it does have a lot of it's own original parts still there. It now runs and drives superb, very quiet and plenty of torque. Whilst the engine was out we stripped the engine bay back to bare metal and painted it satin black, as well as the underside of the hood. Clutch was like new so was re-fitted. It has a four speed manual floor shift box which works well, no crunching going into gear.
    For the MOT it has had a full brake overhaul and got new rear shoes, rear flex hose, front flex hoses. Handbrake cables were all freed off, full system was cleaned, greased and adjusted so it stops well and very straight. Drums all round and all in excellent condition. It also had all the front wheelbearings removed, cleaned out, checked, re-packed and re-fitted. It also got a new left lower ball joint and left upper suspension bushes, and a steering rag joint.
    Cab floor pans were a bit rough, so were fully cut out and new panels made to original style and butt welded all round, then seam sealed underneath and the inside of the panels were painted with black hammerite, all in all, quite a neat job and it's now totally solid. Cab and body have dents and patina, but very little rot, just two of the usual spots at the bottom trailing edges of the front wings. Nothing serious, just the outer skin, as the brace and support are all good. All tyres are good, one hubcap is missing.
    All electrics work except the fuel gauge which did work, the for some reason decided to read "full" all the time.............if only.............. Heater works and it's got electric wipers too. All glass is good and both doors lock and both windows go up and down, all internal handles are present.
    Seat was a bit of a toilet at the drivers arse part, so it got that heavy duty cloth cover that we saved from a truck we restored earlier this year.
    It got new Uk spec halogen H4 headlights, a windscreen washer bag, hoses and jets and some new wiper blades.
    Ok I can't guarantee it, it is near 50 years old, born in the same year as me but holding on a bit better! But it has that newly rebuilt engine and all work done for MOT with noting skimped on and these trucks drive like much more modern ones with independent coil springs all round. I had it up to 70 in the dock road tonight and it rode over the speed bumps at 60 like they weren't even there!
    Price is firm at £7999 as I'm making nought on it now with all that work I had to do, but I will have it delivered to you free if you live on UK mainland. Bank transfer or cheque before it leaves here please.
    Jim on 07593 187939 [email protected] or reply through the forum or a pm.

listed here in the traders section where traders are supposed to put their busines vehicles
    Last edited by v8.jimmy; 29-11-2012 at 19:57. Reason: info added
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you got it thru the mot yet , let me know when its ready to go i might have somewhere to go with it cheers RAY in sf

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    never mind the pick up is that a s21 foden i see in the background

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    never mind the pick up is that a s21 foden i see in the background
    Haha, I noticed that too, I'd say it was an S83 or similar.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonMan View Post
    Haha, I noticed that too, I'd say it was an S83 or similar.
    Close guys it was a 1974 Foden S80, Cummins 220, Foden 8 speed and the big Foden worm drive rear axle, as close to a total Foden as possible. Sold it last month, it's in Derbyshire now.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Quote Originally Posted by oldnosname View Post
    have you got it thru the mot yet , let me know when its ready to go i might have somewhere to go with it cheers RAY in sf
    Hi Ray,
    yes mate passed the MOT yesterday, only one advisory a cracked rear light lense which fell off on the way home, so has now been replaced. I just done an oil change to make sure all is well with the new engine, have modified the exhaust where it was squashed at the back, and now that we know it has no water leaks, it is getting some fresh anti-freeze tomorrow. Just waiting on my poxy insurance company sending out the cover note so I can register it.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    insurance sorted at last, ****ing AXA:****er: useles ****s, so I'm going to Edinburgh to register it tomorrow, should have the number on Friday.

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Now uk registered nsx 183a

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now registered, taxed (free) and ready to go. Turnkey truck which drives really well, a nice smooth ride like a modern truck with the coil springs all round, treat yourself for Christmas.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

starting to crawl back up spanners's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    jim,,who bought the foden , my old mates collect them i had an s40 that my dad was the first man to drive it and i was the last , it went for spares to restore another last summer (cab was totally shot /falling off )

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey jim looks like we,ve discovered a few old lorry fans like ourselves , i could see building a car hauler using an commer TS2 or 3 cab, be a great piece for you,re business plus you could write it off at the end of the tax year better get building mate , i know where there is a tidy chassis & cab for sale down under attached an old picture of some my dads inventory round about 1959 you done a nice job with the c-10 mate someone,s going to get a cracker all the best RAY
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information