Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it went down your way mate, derbyshire a chap called Ian, but I can't remember his second name, it was an unusual one, but I'll have it in my files at work. My '39 Dodge "Captain America" truck went to Smalley, Derbyshire too. I never had an S40, but did have a Guy Big J4T with the motor panels steel cab similar to the s40, and I had a Bedford RL, Atki Borderer, Volvo F7, Volvo F88, Volvo F10, Scania R112, DAF 3300, Berliet TR280, ERF KV, Ford D1010, Ford Da2817, Iveco Turbostar, Leyland Constructor and a Leyland Marathon, oh and a DAF 45 and just now have a Merc Atego as my recovery truck. The Guy went to Belgium once, the F7 and F88 were all over Spain, Portugal etc and the F7 was over the Alps to Italy too. The DAF and Scania were all over Europe and also the Turbostar which I bought new in 1988. The Constructor was new to me in 1988 too, it was a mixer on contract to RMC. The Berliet was my first truck bought 6 weeks after my 21st birthday in 1984..... the start of the rot.................... I've said it before, what the fukc am I doing??????????????????????

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

Quote Originally Posted by oldnosname View Post
    hey jim looks like we,ve discovered a few old lorry fans like ourselves , i could see building a car hauler using an commer TS2 or 3 cab, be a great piece for you,re business plus you could write it off at the end of the tax year better get building mate , i know where there is a tidy chassis & cab for sale down under attached an old picture of some my dads inventory round about 1959 you done a nice job with the c-10 mate someone,s going to get a cracker all the best RAY
    Hey Ray, have you ever noticed how similar they old A series Bedfords are to the series one chevy trucks? I could see a Ts3 cab sitting low on a modern Chevy chassis with a blown V8 or a chipped Cummins under the bonnet. Would look every bit as good as some of the coe yanks.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

starting to crawl back up spanners's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    it,ll be ian boardman, if it is i,ll kick his arse for not telling me ,,lol, i should see him and the gang end of next week when we, should be catchin up for a christmas pint of five,
    yep the chevy is very much like the bedford A type thats on reason for me liking it so much dads old firm had A,type,s with telehoist steel tipping body,s when i first started spannering, i worked on the old commer two strokes aswell, but in the end we used to take the strokers out and fit perkins v8,s early spicer box,s and eaton two speeds in them ,theyde ,fly, then..

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    na it wisnae Boardman, it was an unusual name, will get it tomorrow. It had been off the road for 12 years, but he came up and saw it, and drove it around the docks, then went home with the V5, got it exempted from MOT (educational use??!!) and came back up with a tax disc and drove it home, no probs. All I did was change the fuel filter and stick some derv in it for him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey jim i agree the old model a bedfords were very much like series on chevy,s & i always thought the j type was styled after the 55/56 chevy , must admit i still have a soft spot for english lorries probably to do with growing up around them being bought & sold day in & out by my old dad , i think i,d be in trouble if i lived over there still, i get the classic commercial sent over every month, quite often see something in there i,d just have to buy if i were there , all this is great fun to talk about but its helping getting you,re truck sold is it , are,nt you glad i got you look on this site! good luck with the trk mate , i think we need to talk about a possible old lorry or two purchase between us all the best RAY in sf

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    a guy arranging a flight from Alicante on Friday to drive this all the way back, I'd never advise that, but it's the type of thing I'd do myself... fingers crossed..............

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    you done a nice job with the c-10 mate someone,s going to get a cracker all the best RAY[/QUOTE]

Ray, a 70 year old gentleman flew in from Alicante right enough, with nothing more than a couple of changes of clothes, and drove it home, about 1700 miles, no problems at all.

starting to crawl back up spanners's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice one,, thats gonna be another happy customer,,

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    He certainly is, just been speaking to him just now, said it ran perfectly all the way and didn't use a drop of oil or water, just a squeaky wiper motor to drive him round the bend. It takes either total madness or big balls to do what he did with a truck that's only been driven 30 miles since having the engine fitted and the MOT work done. He didn't even have a wheelbrace or jack either, I tried my best to put hm of as I had several others wanting to buy it, but he was determined. It was a big ask of that wee truck, but hey, it all worked out in the end.
    Have a good Christmas Mike, hope to hear from you soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information