Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

55,56,57 pictures

Tags
pictures
235K views 2K replies 126 participants last post by  v8.jimmy 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#1,989 ·
just picked this one up in California, doubtless I'll have it for sale when it gets here, it's a V8 and supposedly a runner.

and got offered the two Nomads below too, but as projects too expensive for me to import and sell on, probbaly worth more over there as projects than over here.

#1,998 ·
Very early picture at...?

Apparently when Heathrow was fog bound they would use this airfield...1965-ish Blackbushe! :tup:

Wonder if it's the same '55 that Dick & Martin Bonner found in Yateley in the 70s (about 2 miles from this photo), they were driving past a garage and saw the front chassis horns sticking out the partially opened door, the guy who owned it then only bought it for the reg number (RLD 6?) apparently the car wouldn't fit in his garage so he took the front sheet metal to Blackbushe scrap yard (would be ironic if it was). I ended up with the body (this was around the same time the Tri-Chevy club was started)....sorry if a bit long/boring:S

Credit to the photographer?

#2,003 ·
Hi Ken
I kept it in a garage in Haslemere for a couple of years slowly (very slowly) working on it, I was going to have one of the glass fronts that Dick made for Martins '55 but then I moved over to Aldershot and as I had the '65 Chevy II already in a garage, the '63 Falcon (or Comet?) in a parking space and then Maureens dad wanted me to take on the '40 Plymouth convertible I had found in Guildford so something had to go, I sold it to a guy from Brighton? for around ÂŁ60, I heard from him about 2/3yrs later saying it was basically ready for the road but never saw it or him again... anyway this was white-ish fourdor (not Martins), I also had a green-ish fourdor for a short time but no idea what happened to that (I have to say such a long time ago that I might have got the reg number mixed between the white & green cars but don't think so.

Dick and Martin also found a white twodor in Elstead? Surrey but they didn't buy it because it had a cracked screen and the guy wanted far too much....ÂŁ180!

(sorry Ken, once again a bit drawn out but as I write I sort of remember more bits;-).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.