Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Celebrating 56 years of the 56.

6K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  ironman56 
#1 ·
As many of you are aware we have talked about doing this as a repeat of the hugely successful day we had with the 55 of 55 cruise/meet at Knebworth the other year. Unfortunately the Rally Of The Giants meet clashes again this year as other threads have shown so that is a no go as a destination for a drive. How about Dragstalgia at Santa Pod in July though? We are considering doing this and are interested in feedback from Tri Chevy owners. The format would be a meeting point at Toddington services on the Sunday morning(Although a group will be driving up to that from the Heathrow area of London). We would then cruise together to Santa Pod and park up as a club once there. The drive would be more awkward than before in terms of keeping together though we would wait up outside the track and all drive in together once the back marker arrived. The rest of the day is free though this promises to be a superb meet. The Pod are offering a discount on admission to club members.
The drive up and club parking would be open to all three years of Tri Chevy's. Any other rods/customs that fancied driving up would be more than welcome though parking in the club area would be out.
Any thoughts welcomed as this is in the early planning stages.:)

Santa Pod Raceway - Events - Dragstalgia

#27 ·
Hi Guys , hope to join you for the 56'-56' meet.
Been chatting to litig8r on here, and i'm well up for bringing my 56' 4 door..
Is there any chance of joining tri 5 club, when i get there, or do you think i still have time before?

Hope it all goes to plan.
Adam.

#33 ·
Theres a lad from Medway, with a red 57 bel air. Met him at Moes Diner few months back, but dont have a contact or remember his name (craft). Pretty sure he's not on here, anybody know him & pass the word ?
Might have been 1 of the BHRA lads ?

Anybody know the weather forcast for sunday ?

#38 ·
Hi Nige- Tony Malloy has mentioned this to me in the past but I am not on Facebook at the minute. I did try and join one but the computer said no! Because my wife joined with our email address it wouldn't let me use the same one and, not needing a huge push to derail my intent to join, I gave up!

I might have another go one day!- are there any pictures of the day there?

#49 ·
Really sorry to have missed this..
So wanted to be there..
Cars running now(could still do with a tune) but running all the same.
I know its not the same..
But heres to next year!!
Well done to all those that made it.:tup:
Adam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.