Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Dark Shadows (Johnny Depp)...'57 210 Wagon

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Steve 5-6-7 
#1 ·
I went to see/buy this on auction at Brooklands on Saturday...it's from the awful Johnny Depp movie 'Dark Shadows', I have been keeping my eye on it for sometime.

I actually went to see the movie (for my wife! not me honest...:lol:) and was quite surprised to see this in it and I thought then what a nice motor (always been partial to wagons).

It was 'nice' but needed some work to cherry-out including rechroming the bumpers (which don't come cheap and wasn't shown/mentioned in the auction details ) plus some paint work but it was very solid, anyway, I bid it upto £11.250 which if you add commission was about £13K and that was all I was prepared to go (I was the underbidder).

On reflection I am sort of sad I missed her and probably should have gone a bit more...whoever got it got a nice motor but I'm still looking

car in the movie

By the way ain't Booklands a good day out!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Steve,
I don't think so as not many people knew the history (it wasn't even mentioned in the catalogue), I think that that prices of wagons is a bit on the up at the moment.

As for film (over)prices they had a 'Secret' Land Rover for auction which went for 68K, couldn't for the life of me figure out why until I found out that it is from the new 007 movie 'Skyfall'...(sorry no pic)

#4 · (Edited)
I went to the studios to look at a few of the cars for sale, there were 2 identical 57 wagons, i wonder what happened to the oher one.

I saw the auction online, was also going to bid, and had a good look around the car yesterday whilst at the CAAC 50th Anniversary show. It was in reasonable nick, paint pretty good apart from some blistering on the front of the front doors where Tris always go, chrome was average, interior looked nice. Saw it being driven away at the end of the day, by the new owner i guess

Are you only interested in a Chevy wagon? I have a very nice, very rare Hemi powered Dodge wagon for sale....

#5 ·
Hi....TWO!!! bugger me, I was having a chat with Richard Coney and he said that he had been trying to do a feature on this one, wonder if he knew there was two.

Thanks for the offer (I think I have have seen your Hemi Dodge and to be honest can't believe you have not had your arms ripped off) but not for me, yeh pretty much looking for a nice tri-five, not rushing into anything but just as the fancy takes (even fancy a 64-65 Falcon Sprint), might even go stateside.

#8 ·
Hi..yes that's the one...also had two gear shifters one inside and what looked to be a remote one outside?.

Is the '56 the blue one? again I think it needs a bit of work (over the headlights) and possibly too much for me (work that is) although it does look pretty cool as-is but the cost of a re-spray makes it too prohibative for me when I have paid the initial asking price for the car

I might try to find out about the other '57 as I do have the company's name so can't loose anything by asking (can you?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.