Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

My first American car 55 Chevy 210 moredoor coming from Ca

Hi,
    Don't know if this is the correct place for this but if anyone's interested I am waiting for my first american car a 55 Chevy more-door 210 from California is being loaded this week so in a month or so I will have another project to tidy up.

I always wanted a Tri Chevy ever since Real steel imported them in the late 70's early 80's but I couldn't get the money together for one, then as you do I was not well and feeling sorry for myself at home and surfing the net I decided I needed a pickup truck to tool around in until my Pop is finished which incidentally is going to take twice as long as I had hoped for (familiar to anyone)? I've seen some nice trucks done to all different levels of niceness so I started looking around but after looking at a few I thought they needed too much work and that would take too long to tidy to a decent driving standard for me.

I stopped looking as I was getting despondent about not having a vehicle to do some shows in next year as going as a punter when your mates have their vehicles in attendance knocks the edge off it for some reason.

Then I spotted the 55 and immediately knew I had to have it, I looked at it with the rose tinted glasses (as I don't drink) I couldn't blame anything else and thought yep MOT quick tidy up bit of interior (mexican blanket) and a service be out in it in a couple of weeks. :****er:

The deal was done and by the time that happened I had made a list out of the things I wanted to clean up
    350crate engine, new carb, inlet, hei dist, alternator, radiator, interior trim, carpets, seat belts, door seals, lowered spindles, disc, servo, adjustable shocks front and rear roll bars wheels and tyres, new brake lines, rear cyls, shoes, clean up prepare and paint bulkhead de-rust front wings and 2 x doors full respray, window rubbers etc etc

I thought maybe that isn't going to be too quick, so I know how I want it so it will be like a rolling resto for a lot of it and off for periods of time but hopefully operational at least for Wheels day next year with at least all the mechanical bits done.

I enclose a couple of pic's in case anyone is interested, if anyone on here feels like they want to offer any advice on best place to get insurance, parts or what combinations of things I may need then feel free to comment please as as far as these cars go I am an ignoramus. Or if anyone has any parts they need to punt at a reasonable price then I may be interested.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Many thanks John

This car made me do it..........

Last edited by 20vT_pop; 13-08-2012 at 14:09.
    My Pop Build thread https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/gar...op-build-32191
    My 55 Chevy Resto https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/tri...ed-today-67186
    Anyone can drive a fast car, not everyone can drive a car fast!!!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great score!
    John there are a great bunch of guys and ladies with Tri Chevy's in this country. Many have parts and a lot of experience gathered by working on their own cars over time. There is a UK TrI Chevy Group which is open to owners and useful for contact regarding meetings and parts exchanges etc. No politics, no ego's or committees just help when needed and a little organising occasionally. Are you on Facebook?

Looks like Mr Peppershaker has a lot to answer for!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    No mate not on Facebook, will I need to get on Facebook? if I do, can I block all of the extraneous stuff that I have seen appear on other peoples Facebook? I'll nip on there and have a look at the TrI Chevy site.

Cheers John
    My Pop Build thread https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/gar...op-build-32191
    My 55 Chevy Resto https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/tri...ed-today-67186
    Anyone can drive a fast car, not everyone can drive a car fast!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Exceeded sell by date Plumpcars's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should have a pm as we speak.

Official RnS Addict Steve 5-6-7's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one
    Nostalgia.......it's the future

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a good idea getting a tri Chevy is welcome to the club as Steve said no politics just nice friendly people look forward to seeing it on the road soon.

Mick

PS I'm not on Farcebook I seem to survive. or am I missing out ?
    Last edited by moosehead; 13-08-2012 at 18:44.

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until they speak
    Check your fan blades!

I'm a grown up member now ! nige57mad's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on aquiring your first Tri Chevy. Best piece of advice i could give you is.............. don't be tempted to take it off the road and rip it apart or you will regret it and won't see it on the road for years, oh and it will empty you bank account!! Get it mot'd and roadworthy, then drive it while you restore it, a little at a time - life's too short. Get yourself on Facebook to speak to like minded obsessive people. Speak to Vince who set up the Facebook group. His comment to me after six months of driving his 57 - "Nige, when does the novelty wear off?" Trust me mate it never does. Nige.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it - as well as our meeting place, the Facebook Group will give great advise on each bit of your needs with loads of input on quality, availability and cost - think it works well, sort of a mini 'Tri-Five' or 'ChevyTalk'. Dave

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    RH insurance
    Mine was £90 with 3000 miles limit

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until they speak
    Check your fan blades!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you accounts empty and you're looking for someone to blame look up Peppershaker on here and give him some abuse...Tell him Ken sent you ..

Nice car, it'll keep you honest, and busy, and skint, and smiling....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in