+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pics from 83/84

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

your old chevy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dann View Post
    I know the post is about a month old,but i just looked at the photo's again and the penny's dropped !. Thats my old chevy, i paid £250 for from a guy in Norwich. Sold it to a Martin ????????? from the northampton area. (that must be you i guess Bash ?)
    It was the Mr Dan bit that threw me ! (very formal).
    hi steve,yes its your old chevy,i have still got it,dont use it much ,it really needs a rebuild and i dont have the time just yet.do you have any pics from when you had it. regards martyn bamford.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie BookhimDanno's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

57 chevy

Martyn, that's great you still have the chevy, i will have a look for photo's.
    Have you any recent photo's. ? it would be great to see what it looks like now.
    I have sent you a pm.
    Steve.

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJive 55 View Post
    Bash-43....... Yep a Big Welome to you ...
    Nice Photos..But tell us a bit about yourself.....pls,

Wow do you think that white one was Tony Lewis 55....the four made into a Two door.......

Who's got it now and I wonder if they know the history behind it

Bob.....

Any idea of the registration number on the four door converted to a two door?
    My mate Mark Fullard bought what he thought was a two door post, probably twenty years back. He bought it from someone in Essex, orangy red colour, glass hood.Revolution 5 spokes, Reg no VKF***. On closer inspection when he decided it needed a repaint, stripping it revealed it was a four door with the B pillar moved back. There was evidence of a roll bar having been installed at some point too. He completely rebuilt the car, painted it in red and white two tone with all the Bel Air chrome trim and drove it for years, only selling it a few years back to good mate, Steve Gonsalves (who knew of its four door origins). Steve rebuilt and repainted it straight black, fitted a 500plus built big block and street racer style cage, with a tarp where the rear seat once lived. He didn't use the car much at all last year but in its first year on the strip in 2007 it was running mid 10's withour gas.

I doubt there were many more doors converted back then, so it would be interesting to know if it's the same car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The white Tony Lewis '55 is VPR 514 and the reg on the other pic looks to me like it might be the same............

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Did he use 2dr sdn doors and move the pillar back ? , nice job if he did . I didn't know anybody had done that in the UK
    Gareth Rees Tri Chevy Club Member No. 1 Converted his four door into a two door a couple of years ago. Picture shows it still needs bits of trim to finish.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    Any idea of the registration number on the four door converted to a two door?
    My mate Mark Fullard bought what he thought was a two door post, probably twenty years back. He bought it from someone in Essex, orangy red colour, glass hood.Revolution 5 spokes, Reg no VKF***. On closer inspection when he decided it needed a repaint, stripping it revealed it was a four door with the B pillar moved back. There was evidence of a roll bar having been installed at some point too. He completely rebuilt the car, painted it in red and white two tone with all the Bel Air chrome trim and drove it for years, only selling it a few years back to good mate, Steve Gonsalves (who knew of its four door origins). Steve rebuilt and repainted it straight black, fitted a 500plus built big block and street racer style cage, with a tarp where the rear seat once lived. He didn't use the car much at all last year but in its first year on the strip in 2007 it was running mid 10's withour gas.

I doubt there were many more doors converted back then, so it would be interesting to know if it's the same car.
    Yep I remember that car, I came across VKF in around 1975/6 when it was a four door with radiused rear arches and slot mags. It lived near Crystal Palace and was yellow with a green roof. Had a small block and 'glide and er, very worn out ball joints! I also recall that I rang the guy who made it into a two door and he was really surprised that somebody knew the car.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i swear thats the bloke that we got the fenderwell headers off for the gasser swapped em for some 2dr rear window winders as you said he converted it to a 4door ha
    Eights For Show, Fours For Go

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
    Yep I remember that car, I came across VKF in around 1975/6 when it was a four door with radiused rear arches and slot mags. It lived near Crystal Palace and was yellow with a green roof. Had a small block and 'glide and er, very worn out ball joints! I also recall that I rang the guy who made it into a two door and he was really surprised that somebody knew the car.
    Interesting about the radiussed arches, when Mark got the car it had stock(ish) looking arches, probably early Transit or something similar. When he repainted it, a set of proper two door rear quarters were grafted on.

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

was there, did that :)

Quote Originally Posted by timetravel View Post
    I've gotta pic on my site from '72 when it was run with no front end and the other pic is from The Acceleration Archive from '76 when it ran as you remember it with spring stacey page on the doors and a flip front. Allan Page drove it and it had a small block Chevy

I can tell you the other team members were Steve Spring and Ian Stacey, also the engine was a Chevy 302 Z28 unit in the later years. The best time was something like 11 seconds and 135 mph if my memory is correct.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from the turbo vecs on the back that is perfect,is that the"IWINULOOZ" mustang behind it ?
    O.F.F.O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information