1937 Austin V8 Special
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Entry Info: 1937 Austin V8 Special

Category:
Classifieds 1 Item (All details are required to post items in this section.)
Price
Condition of Item
Description
Special
Attachments
Likes Likes:  4
    Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

1937 Austin V8 Special

For sale - my unique and interesting Austin V8 Hot Rod Special.

It is a 1937 Austin 12 Special, recently refreshed Rover 3.5 V8, holley carb, msd ignition, fast cam (from RealSteel - hydraulic lifters though so reasonably mild) etc with BW65 behind it, propshaft to Ford P100 axle (Atlas axle open diff - I had a plan/idea to put an lsd in it). Motor is quite punchy and the car weighs 820kg. The chassis, steering, front axle, suspension are original (meeting the 8 points build criteria with body type on V5 changed to 'sports'). Body is custom made ash frame with aluminium panels/skins, doors open and close nicely, dash has tach, oil pressure and water temp gauge, two seats, 3 point seat belts, bit of storage behind the seats - enough for tools, camping gear etc. (Seats and interior aren't super comfy - more 'firm' but i have driven 400 miles in a weekend) Steel wheels and nearly new front Firestones crossply tyres and BFG whitewall crossplies rear. You need to see it in the flesh to understand what it is, what you could do with it.I built it (finished it in 2013) so I know what is in it, what parts were used and that it is all good.

I haven't driven this in a while and quite honestly fancy doing something else with my time and garage space (I keep looking at boats!?!?!? - they say it's like standing in the shower tearing up £10 notes)

Ive put a price in the ad as I have to - but honestly I'm not sure what it is worth - probably what somebody is prepared to pay for it - so if you are interested come and have a look, kick the tyres and tell me if its worth £10, £100, £1,000 or £10,000. Obviously the more I can get for it the better for me as it gives me ore to play with - so I have suggested £12k price

In case you're wondering its not VHRA eligable as its English not USA based - but its great for grass roots local hill climbs, going to Goodwood Revival, having people come up and talk to you about it and generally smoking about in.

Its a 'finished' car but that doesn't stop you making it 'yours' with lots of opportunities for things to do like make a Du-Val style windscreen, fabric folding roof, paint it, change the wheels, fit lsd to axle etc etc

and here is 'proof of life'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnyHIowjPA8/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK6QXQQgGgx/

and for practicality there is a tonneau cover for parking out side to keep the rain and prying eyes out of the cockpit

I'm in Sussex. 07734 832720
    Attached Images
    Last edited by specialshoe; 15-08-2019 at 10:47.

2. LikesGerry28a, truxdelux, v8.jimmy liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always loved this , proper British Hot Rod

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    kind words thank you.......and I shouldn't really sell it but i feel I can't 'move on' with something else whilst this is still in the garage, problem being once it's gone it's gone and there will never be another. Now feeling like deleting the for sale post !
    Last edited by specialshoe; 15-08-2019 at 10:52.

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw it run up Bo Peep and and chatted with you about it, can't understand why no one's snapped it up already.
    Whirrr whirrr chuff chuff de chuff........chuff......BRUMMMM!

My Chevy thread: https://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/sho...y-coach-403745
    Rugged Robin 2/3rd track: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked/

Official RnS Addict ChopperHarris's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats georgeous, and a nicely written ad....worth every penny but not possible for me to register in France, best of luck

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it just me or is it pretty quiet these days for selling cars etc.........

Either that or I'm asking way too much - what is it worth?

And I might consider a p/x against it as long as it is old/interesting and some £ my way ....

Old/interesting can include.....Yamaha RD250 or 350 or 400 or a two stoke of some type, VW beetle or VW type 3, BMW R100RS, Citroen DS, Citroen BX or CX, Citroen Ami, Series Landrover, Willys Jeep, Saab V4 etc etc - and shoot me now but I do like a Yank - smaller body type (Mustang size) - you get the idea.......

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems pretty quiet all round even with dailies. Stuff that sells tends to be 'me too'

11. LikesRich G liked this post
    Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is very very cool , like you said once its gone its gone , you should keep it .RAY A

Thread Information