Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

1948 Chevrolet 3100 panel van, SOLD SOLD

Decided to start a new thread for this one as the old one was started when the van was still in transit from California.
    I have now got it on the road and am using it so can comment on it better.
    It has a very good 350/TH350 combo, Mustang2 front crossmember welded into the original chassis with boxing for strength. It has power brakes, discs on front and drums on rear, Chevy 5 lug stud pattern all round. It starts, runs and rives very well, handles great and gets off it's mark. It sounds fantastic and though somebody has installed some kind of sound system, I haven't even tried to see if it works as the sound of the exhaust is sweet music. It has after market gauges which all work, but the point of the speedo needle is broken off, but it's one of those with a tail on it so you can see what speed you are doing. It has electric wipers which work, but no screen washers. It has a vintage air system installed, well the dash part is installed with the vents, blower, matrix, etc, but the air con pump is in a box and hasn't been fitted yet. Air con is the last thing I need up here. No power steering, but it's not heavy and I prefer it this way as it gives better feel. All tyres are good, plenty of tread and not cracked. Seats are like brand new, no idea what they came from. There is no shifter indicator on it and the start inhibitor has been disconnected, so if we don't get that fixed, be aware!
    Bodywise it's really good, the primer is where a few dings, etc have been straightened out and filled, but the whole van needs painted as it has suffered from laquer peel. The bottom inside of the driver door will need some attention where the seal fits on as it has some rust, but not on the outer skin. You will probably want to change those ugly assed lights set into the rear doors. The pics will show a cracked passenger door window, but this has now been replaced. Number plates have also been fitted, it is registered as 410 YUS.
    Asking price on evilbay is £11999, so looking for sensible offers around that, and I'm not needing any trades or partial trades right now, would prefer to deal on straight cash. Definitely no swaps.
    Phone me on 07593 187939, e-mail on [email protected] or pm me through this ad. Thanks for reading and thanks RnS for the ad.

Last edited by v8.jimmy; 26-06-2013 at 21:25. Reason: lowered price update details

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict Fox & Hounds's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTTT..... I'm tipping that ain't for sale for long, great Panel at a good price!

Best of luck mate with the sale, you won't need it, but best of luck anyway!
    Micky T.
    Mantener a tus amigos cerca ya tus enemigos más cerca. Cuidado con los Stabbers de vuelta!

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox & Hounds View Post
    BTTT..... I'm tipping that ain't for sale for long, great Panel at a good price!

Best of luck mate with the sale, you won't need it, but best of luck anyway!
    Micky T.
    Hey thanks Mickey, wish I had your confidence in it selling quick! I've had a couple of offers via evilbay, one of which is from Holland, but the offers are a bit too low. I've been driving it to and from work, but left it in the workshop tonight as we've had 70mph winds and horizontal torrential rain and didn't want to risk soemthing blowing against it and causing damage. Is that your '57 in your avatar???????? I got a stock '57 BelAir, had it for 20 years.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice must be someoneout there that needs a nice van for their business good luck with it jim

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    offers from Holland and Belgium, and one from the Uk, but all fallen short of the mark so far. I'm enjoying using it in the meantime

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    been using it again, never fails to make me smile, would like to keep it and paint it, but need to sell.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    using it daily now, turns heads everywhere it goes, sounds the biz! I've lowered the asking price now too.

Last edited by v8.jimmy; 09-05-2013 at 06:38.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

found a leaking half shaft seal, so it's had a new bearing and seal done, all okay now

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    very nice Jim, it sits great, now that would be a nice daily
    Russ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast