1952 Morris Minor
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

1952 Morris Minor

I have too many cars and not enough time to do them all, so this one has to go. It is a 1952 Series MM Minor 2 door flathead (side valve) She has been tucked away in a garage since 1976. I have just recommissioned her, with all new brakes and various other bits. She has a fresh MOT and is Taxed. Until now she was a 1 owner car and is a numbers matching car too. THis is the most solid Minor I have ever seen underneath and will never need welding. The paint is original, so no hidden nasties either. I personally think it would be a shame to restore her as she is a great survivor car. Although some sympathetic cosmetics would be nice. For example a set of carpets, second hand bumpers, door rubbers and the seats need tidying. I really think it's great that she has survived nearly 60 years and is all original. £1.895 ono. (the number has been valued at £1200 alone) For more info phone home: 01932 231101 or mobile 07831 832620 (if you PM me I dont always pick them up daily so best to phone.

Last edited by wolfman; 16-11-2011 at 18:43. Reason: new price

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't bite, make an offer if you like her. She is a lovely old girl but must go

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is she too expensive guys, what are you're thoughts

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello mate , I`m new on here and have just spotted your minor . Having owned a few moggies in my time all I can say is the condition 2 price for her would be £1400-£1500 . BUT looking at the info given and the pics , if she is as described then the price your asking is pretty fair . If someone wanted to have a mog as a classic they tend to go for the later 1098cc model , the other option could be to rod her but that would be a shame . She`s a lovely motor and I hope she goes to a good home . Good luck with the sale , Mark .

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you tried the morris minor owners club forum? a reasonable mm should get offers all day long- but as previously said, its the pipe and slipper old boys who go for mm's not anyone younger, so this is a bit of a snag. unfortunately, as you say, parts of the car really let it down- the bumpers, grille and front wings are all very tarnished, and this puts some people off. if you are really keen on selling it quickly, put a "come and buy me " price on it to tempt the old uns to spend their pensions. i personally don't subscribe to numberplates being worth massive figures, especially if they are fairly ordinary like this one, but hey, who am i to say. i get theat you probably want about £2000 for her, but put a figure just under the magic 2k mark and i think interest will be shown! good luck! marcus

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusthemoose View Post
    have you tried the morris minor owners club forum? a reasonable mm should get offers all day long- but as previously said, its the pipe and slipper old boys who go for mm's not anyone younger, so this is a bit of a snag. unfortunately, as you say, parts of the car really let it down- the bumpers, grille and front wings are all very tarnished, and this puts some people off. if you are really keen on selling it quickly, put a "come and buy me " price on it to tempt the old uns to spend their pensions. i personally don't subscribe to numberplates being worth massive figures, especially if they are fairly ordinary like this one, but hey, who am i to say. i get theat you probably want about £2000 for her, but put a figure just under the magic 2k mark and i think interest will be shown! good luck! marcus
    Thanks for you're input guys
    I contacted the minor owners club, I took it under advisement on the price thats why I am asking on here now. If someone came along and offered £1800 I would take it.as i don't want to sit on her forever I didn't think the number was great either, You should have seen her before i polished her

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahh, what it would be to have an infinite bank balance

Official RnS Addict shorty's shaker's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    is this moggy still for sale?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty's shaker View Post
    is this moggy still for sale?
    Sorry she has gone It took bloody ages God knows why It was more like a california black plate motor no rot
    Last edited by wolfman; 15-05-2012 at 17:03.

Official RnS Addict lambretta_ash's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    that price was bang on for splity and it that condition shes lovely and that drain holes still mint
    what did u sell her for???

Thread Information