1963 Volvo PV544 hot rod
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Entry Info: 1963 Volvo PV544 hot rod

Category:
Classifieds 1 Item (All details are required to post items in this section.)
Price
8495 ono
Condition of Item
Used
Description
Rodder - see ad.
Attachments
Likes Likes:  1
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

1963 Volvo PV544 hot rod

0A91B002-E2F3-4721-B254-C671C91B7F7D.jpg
    It’s on eBay - link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324339746445
    Selling my 1963 Volvo PV544 rod
    Due to new project - I need the space. Thousands of pounds and much time spent getting wheels / tyres / stance spot on.
    1800 b18 engine twin Webers, Tubular exhaust, lightened flywheel, 4 speed box. Goes well. These were fantastic rally cars in their time.
    Front suspension Andy Robinson Race Cars custom tubular lower arms (£2k+) lowered uprated springs. Pretty much full travel. Wilwood front discs. Rear lowered and uprated springs.
    £2.5k+ on wheels and tyres, custom machined front wheels.
    Interior essentially stock - with sprint style wheel. Front and rear belts.
    Bodywork - slightly widened rear wings. Needs tidying; I have been happy to use as is.
    Drive anywhere much admired rod. Appreciating base vehicle which can be returned to stock easily if desired (I have all the bits to do so if price is right). No px or trades. Money talks. Cool “544” plate. It’s LHD as all PV’s are.
    More on exterior and interior: There are rust scabs dotted around the body, it was an older restoration when I bought it 8 years ago and I haven't done a major refurb on it since I have had the car - I wanted to get the stance and mechanics right and the long term plan was to bare metal the body and do it properly.
    A few bits have been touched up - you can see where the paint doesn't match - and it has had some welding. It has new rear boot floor rear area and rear panel and spare wheel tray - all notorious rust spots. The floor pans are pretty good. I think there is one plate. It has had a repair to one of the gutters. The widened rear wings really help the car's proportions. I was going to take them to the bodyshop to get them painted this week. Currently they are red oxide.
    I have always MOT'd the car though it doesn't need it. I haven't MOT'd it this year, as I haven't really used it but would be happy to do so prior to you picking the car up (and if there are minor bits, I can sort). It has had new brakes, clutch, flywheel, auxiliary cooling fan, twin Webers, electric fuel pump and filter / regulator and general servicing since I have had it.
    I would be confident in you driving the car away to anywhere in the country. I have driven it up to Northampton (Santa Pod) and Bedfordshire (3h or so) without hiccup.
    You will not find a lower Volvo PV with a stock chassis.
    The interior is ok. The driver's seat has a rip in it. I will throw in a couple of amazon seats which have been upholstered in a saddle tan vinyl in a Bentley diamond pleat style. I have new rubber floor mats for it (these cars didn't have carpet) but on trial fitting them I think they are for an Amazon! They will fit with a bit of messing though. It has front and rear seatbelts. Odometer reads approx 4500Km. I have no idea whether that is genuine or not!!
    It has a pre 1949 body style with the Volvo reliability and is a practical hot rod which can easily be turned back to stock if you so desire or you could fit a V8 - a v8 powered PV sold recently, so it can be done!
    No dreamers if at all possible. I’m easy to reach, based just outside Cardiff,10 mins from J33. Cheers! Cash on collection or cleared funds into bank account.
    I am happy for it to go abroad; I could probably help with transport. Full cleared payment would have to be received first though.

2. Likes import-racer liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sold

Thread Information