Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

1977 c10 chevy 350 small block, air ride suspension, fresh engine

Please read the following information carefully as there is a lot to take in.

I purchased this truck July 2009 from Newquay. I flew down from Stansted with the plan in mind to drive the truck 320 miles back to essex. Here is where my plans failed. 20 miles out of Newquay the truck overheated and i sat on the side of the road for 7 hours in the p*****g rain waiting for the RAC. (i would like to add the truck drove really well up until for these 20 miles) The RAC arrived eventually, and due to a loop hole in the RAC's contract he told me that because i did not live at the same address where the account was held i was not covered by the RAC(This was only so he did not have to trailer me 300 miles back to essex, he was quite upset when i threatened to set fire to him, but please do not be scared of me i am actually alrite) anyway long story short i had to pay £600 which i found out the RAC made £320 out of for one phone call, to get the truck transported back to essex.

Once the truck was back in essex i took the heads off which i am capable of doing as i used to work for rolls royce as a mechanic, I discovered it had got so hot it had blown both head gaskets. My next job was to replace the head gaskets. after this was done the truck ran lovely BUT NOT FOR LONG!!! It still had overheating issues and popped both head gaskets again. By this time my relationship was on the edge and my mrs was calling me a p***k as i had convinced her to spend her redundancy money on this brilliant investment! So i took the heads off again, which i was getting quicker at every time to discover it had picked up on every cylinder so now the engine was f****d. So i went grovelling to my angry mrs and sheepishly told her we had to buy a new engine.

So here is a run down of what has been done since:

350 4 BOLT MAIN SMALL BLOCK CHEVY
    FULL ENGINE RE-BUILD (by myself with all receipts to prove new parts)
    RE-FACED HEADS
    ACID DIPPED RE-BORED BOTTOM END 30+ 4 BOLT MAIN FROM A CAMARO
    NEW PISTONS
    NEW PISTON RINGS
    ROD BEARINGS
    CAMSHAFT BEARINGS
    OIL PUMP
    HARMONIC DAMPER
    NEW CORE PLUGS
    NEW SUMP
    EDLEBROCK INTAKE
    RE GROUND CRANK (NOT FROM ORIGINAL ENGINE)
    NEW STARTER MOTOR
    AND LOADS AND LOADS OF BITS I HAVE PROBABLY FORGOTTEN OR HIDDEN EXPENSES FROM MY MRS
    THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE PARTS WERE SHIPPED OVER FROM SUMMIT RACING IN THE STATES AND ARE ALL TOP BRAND NAMES. THESE ENGINE HAS BEEN METHODICALLY WELL BUILT AS I HAD TIME TO DO THIS AS MY MRS WAS NOT TALKING TO ME. I USED PLASTIGUAGE TO CHECK CLEARANCES.
    SO NOW THE ENGINE IS READY TO GO BUT THINK YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A NEW RAD AND FAN SHROUD AS I DONT THINK IT IS MAN ENOUGH TO HANDLE THE ENGINE AND THIS IS WHY IT OVERHEATED IN THE 1ST PLACE.
    THE ENGINE RUNS REALLY SWEET, NOT EVEN RUN IN YET AND WILL NEED THE TAPPETS ADJUSTING.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE TRUCKS MAIN FEATURES:

FULL AIR RIDE TECHNOLOGIES AIR BAG SUSPENSION WITH INDEPENDENT SWITCHES FROM FRONT TO REAR SO YOU CAN EITHER HAVE IT SLAMMED ON ITS A*SE OR JACKED RIGHT UP OR ANYWHERE IN-BETWEEN.
    2SP POWERGLIDE TRANSMITION RENOUNED FOR BEING A SUPER STRONG GEARBOX HENCE THE REASON THEY USE THEM IN DRAGSTERS
    THE INTERIOR BENEFITS FROM BMW ELECTRIC SPORTS SEATS A HOST OF DIFFERENT SPEAKERS WITH A SUB AND AN AMP. I HAVE ALSO INSTALLED A PROGUAGE TACO WITH SHIFT LIGHT. OIL PRESSURE, TEMP AND VOLT GUAGES.
    IN THE BED OF THE TRUCK IT HAS BEEN FULLY PLY LINED AND THERE IS THE TANK AND COMPRESSOR FOR THE AIR BAGS. ALSO THERE IS A COMMERCIAL TRUCK BATTERY TO RUN EVERYTHING.
    IT HAS A SLOID BLACK TORNEOU COVER ON GAS LIFTERS.
    SOME TIME AGO BY A PREVIOUS OWNER THE EXTERIOR HAS BEEN FULLY RE SPRAYED IN LIGHT GRAPHITE GREY WITH DARK GREY SCOLLOPS. THIS HAS BEEN DONE TO A FAIRLY GOOD STANDARD BUT DOES HAVE SOME LAQUER RUNS AND SOME RUST PATCHES.
    IT ALSO HAS A CUSTOM FRONT GRILL.
    IT HAS GOT A SET OF UN MARKED POLISHED ALUMINIUM AMERICAN RACING WHEELS WITH NEXEN 215/50/17 ON THE FRONT AND CONTINENTALS 235/65/17 ON THE REAR. ALL 4 TYRES HAVE BEEN USED VERY LITTLE, I WOULD SAY LESS THAN 50 MILES HAS BEEN DRIVEN WITH THESE.
    THIS IS A VERY GOOD TRUCK AD WILL NEED PROBABLY A WEEKENDS WORK TO PUT IT THROUGH AN MOT.

BAD POINTS AND THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DONE THAT I AM UNABLE TO DO AS THE MRS I BEIN A BE*L END AND MAKING ME SELL IT AS SHE HAS HAD ENOUGH AND I AM LOOSING MY LOCK UP WHERE IT HAS BEEN DRY STORED SINCE JULY 2009.

SMALL PATCHES OF RUST ALONG FRONT ON EDGE BONNET
    IT HAS RUST ON THE SEALS AND THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR (THIS WILL NOT EFFECT MOT) I CAN EMAIL MORE PICS IF NEEDED.
    ENGINE WILL NEED A BIT OF A TUNE UP
    IF I WAS KEEPING IT I WOULD PUT ON A NEW RAD AND FAN SHROUD
    I HAVE THE ORIGINAL INNER WINGS BUT HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO PUT THEM BACK ON.
    I ALSO HAVE A TRANSMISSION COOLER THAT CAN BE FITTED IF REQUIRED. (NEW)
    THE AUTOMATIC RELAY FOR THE AIR BAGS NEEDS FITTING BUT STILL WORKS FINE AS IT IS.

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE ORIGINAL LEAF SPRINGS HAVE BEEN LEFT ON IT FOR IF YOU NEED TO CARRY HEAVY LOADS.

THIS TRUCK NOW STANDS US AT £7000+ BUT I AM A REALISTIC PERSON AND UNDERSTAND I WILL NOT GET THAT BACK. THERE IS PROBABLY LOADS OF THINGS I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO MENTION BUT WILL UPDATE AS I THINK OF THEM.

AS THE TRUCK HAS NO TAX OR MOT IT WILL NEED TO BE TRAILERED AWAY.

THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT THING TO SELL SO I WOULD RATHER YOU VIEW BEFORE BIDDING. I HAVE TRIED TO BE AS HONEST AS I CAN TO AVOID CONFUSION.

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME ON 07825 663 824

RICH

Last edited by ravangraphics; 11-04-2011 at 15:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

SiB
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this photo taken in Australia?
    but good luck with the sale, a nice truck

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have no idea how to flip the images! Just puttin some more on now.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    thought this went on ebay last week.
    I was after it then.

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah but full of messers, i would rather sell it to people that know that they are talking about. i had a guy ask me if it had traction control!!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have bought it, I was just out bid.
    Not sure now I know it has no traction control, next you'll be telling me its got no ABS or air bags
    I'll give you a call when I get back in tonight.

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol thanks mate, yeah bell me later.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    what does it look like with the bags lowered?

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    the first pic is pretty much as low as it will go, anymore and the wishbones are on the floor!

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    pm sent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information