Low & sexy - gorgeous 1967 VW Karmann Ghia
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Low & sexy - gorgeous 1967 VW Karmann Ghia

Reluctantly up for sale, as I still have a hot rod itch I need to scratch! is my beautiful Atlas Grey Karmann Ghia.

It's a '67 model, so all the best features - front disc brakes, ball joint suspension combined with early style front & rear lights, towel rail bumpers & nicer interior. It's a Southern Californian car, imported in 1997 & given a mild restoration at the Karmann Ghia Centre around this time. It was painted Atlas Grey & had the interior retrimmed in tan leather. It is absolutely rock solid barring a couple of very minor spots (& I'm being very picky here!). In the past it's had a floorpan repair panel put in, but has been undersealed ever since - no bodywork issues at all (not many Ghias you can say that about!).

Mechanically, it has a 1600 TP fitted, of unknown age & mileage, but has been a really strong & reliable motor, with twin 40 Kadron carbs & full stainless exhaust/header combo, it's actually pretty brisk & will cruise along happily with more modern stuff on the motorway. We've been on trips to several shows & it's never let me down.

I've lowered it with drop spindles at the front & a 1 spline drop at the rear & currently sits on grey powdercoated steel wheels with whiteband tyres & baby moon hubcaps. Loads of other new parts fitted during my ownership, such as brakes, track rods, steering damper, fuel pump, all new fuel hoses, FPR & gauge, plus loads of other bits & pieces.

Interior is tan leather with black doorcards & carpets - all in good nick, but the front seats are showing a few signs of wear & tear. I've fitted a Moto Lita leather Cobra style steering wheel with polished boss. There's an Alpine CD hidden in the glovebox, with the original dash radio for show - all in all, a nice place to be!

The only detracting thing I guess, if I'm being hyper-critical, is the paintwork - looks great from a few feet away, but it's had a couple of touch ups over the years which aren't very well blended, plus a couple of areas of worn laquer (rear wing tops & driver's door). With a repaint, this could be a real show winner, but I haven't gone down that route because I quite like it as it is, with a bit of 'patina'. I never bought it to be a show car, it gets used regularly (in good weather only). The brightwork is all pretty good & shiny, just a few bits of minor pitting.

Just been MOT'd & taxed, so if you're looking for a lovely Ghia to jump straight in & enjoy, then this is the one!

Price now reduced to £6500

Cheers,
    Robbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great car Robbo , we were looking round it on wednesday night at the local VW meet...........good luck with the sale and scratching your "Hot Rod Itch" , just round the corner from you if you need help

Wayne
    visit us at www.luckydevil777dragracing.com "life isnt an audition"

Somewhere Between 1971 & 1989 - but mainly Wakefield in 2013!
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne - where's the local V.W. meet you went to?
    Russ.
    http://www.nhrc.freeforums.net/ Light me an axle i'll be back for breakfast, (just nipping back to the 70's)

Official RnS Addict hillbilly blanco's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    At a guess the dewsbury meet if it was a Wednesday. Another one on the cross over, I'll also vouch it's a good looking car in the steel.
    What rod you chasing mate?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers guys, nice to meet you Wayne. Yep it was the West Yorks Dubs meet at the Royal Oak pub, near the Rams stadium.

Hillbilly - I really fancy a '60s Ford, something like a Consul, Zephyr etc, preferably with a V8. But also have a big love of American muscle.

Cheers,
    Robbo

Official RnS Addict hillbilly blanco's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo149 View Post
    Cheers guys, nice to meet you Wayne. Yep it was the West Yorks Dubs meet at the Royal Oak pub, near the Rams stadium.

Hillbilly - I really fancy a '60s Ford, something like a Consul, Zephyr etc, preferably with a V8. But also have a big love of American muscle.

Cheers,
    Robbo
    You and me both mate still trawl all the adds for a 67 camaro. Think laura found a garage just north of us with the kinda stuff your looking for on the northalerton boarders.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump - may consider a px :-)

Cheers,
    Robbo

Thread Information