Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Vauhall Cresta PA 59 - I need to know how much its worth! Please, HELP ME?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  spenceman 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this about 4 years ago with the intention of working on it myself. I got this in the condition it's in and paid £4000 at the time. The car is from a friend and he had no idea of its value either - he just wanted it gone. Unfortunately, as time has gone by I have not had the money to start the project and its sad to see such a beautiful car just sitting there. I was told by someone that the body alone on these cars can be sold for around £9,500. This must be a little steep as the car clearly isn't in mint condition. I can assure you the rust you see on it is only surface and has not 'ate' its way through any of the bodywork. It was a project started by someone else but never finished. It has a Jaguar rear axle, Small Block Chevy and a 3-speed in-line gearbox. All the chrome, lights and trim etc. are still with the car but were taken off. The only electrics that need re-wiring are the lights. It's been dry stored in a garage so it hasn't been exposed to the elements. I really need help knowing the TRUE value of this car as I may have someone interested in buying it. V5 present. It will be a shame for it to go and I don't want to end up selling it for far less than it's worth. thanks and PLEASE help me out

Dave

See less See more
#8 ·
hi the pa you have is not a 59, looking at the pics it has 1960 interior,with so many non standard items ,ie,engine box,steering ,axles ,you are loosing out on the dvla points system,you might loose the reg number,if there is an ashtray on top of the dash ,it is a 62 if the ashtray is above the heater control then its a 61, sorry for the gloom and doom ,cheers Al

#10 ·
Thanks for the help. This is a huge disapointment so it seems I won't be selling it. Whats the point? I had a proper look at the logbook and yes... Its a 1960's. Its just great. May as well keep it until I can do something with it myself. Just goes to show you know who your friends are?

#13 ·
To be fair its worth whatever someone is willing to pay unfortunately you were willing to pay more that's all
To me it sounds like it could be on the road relatively easy and cheap compared to some projects out there
look on the bright side its cool as fuck chevy motor jag rear and cragar wheels

#15 ·
spot on do it and keep it, i own 4 pa's from 59 to 62, the only way to make your project viable is finish it you may not get all your money back but you'll get the enjoyment of using it and a better chance of selling it for a better price, my opinion is make it look more standard ie keep all the trim on it, paint it a nice 2 tone colour that way you get superb looks and great power, but as i say thats just my opinion, good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.