Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Birmingham

11K views 159 replies 28 participants last post by  yawning_cat 
#1 ·
(following on from comments elsewhere...)

Surely, Birmingham could / should have a (Monthly ?) Meet ?

Central location makes it VERY possible for folks to drive from ...

Lichfield / Tamworth / Black Country / Coventry / Leicester / Worcestershire, etc., etc.

We're an hour + away (and really not into organising such things) but someone here might want to pick up on the idea ?

Ideal would be either reasonably Central or close to M'way (M42 ?) so people can access easily without negotiating suburbia.

Perhaps a few suggestions / ideas regarding a venue where there's sufficient parking and perhaps somewhere to grab a drink / bite ?

#31 ·
I'll pop down for ride out, providing it's within 50 miles of me.

#42 ·
Black Horse is good call for getting there, but on googlemaps it seems to have a small car park, only 40 or so spaces. Further on is the Badgers Sett, big pub set back off the road, with two car parks.

Google Maps

#44 ·
Didn't the Moonrunners ? meet at the black horse about 10 years ago on a sunday night ?, small pub inside, also used on a riverside cruse once ? Seem so long ago that i can't even be sure of there name lol ! there was another pub behind this down the lanes which riverside did a cruse to ? think the car park was bigger ? don't know the name though

Paul

#45 ·
So there may or may not have been another pub, which may or may not have been used, by somebody at some time. Glad you are specificc Paul.
Bell at Bellbroughton by any chance?

#53 ·
OK SO BADGER SETT witch is now a beef eater said no someone asked for somethimg the same and the corp Beefeater said no so thats a shame and yes i tried all the best lines uk's biggist hotrodding and custom forum went in my retro new hoody nothing :lol:

but the black horse was ok with the meet but after december with 45-50 space's at the back and at the bar 40ish chairs + the food area any others i dont mind being the run about

#54 ·
Any idea's of dates for this? Be cool to come along and take a look... my car *cough* focus *cough* isnt anything worth looking at but i'd like to come see the local tallent :) Id suggest the OK diner of the a38 as a perfect venue if nothings been confirmed... if not the one in cannock? not been to that one though so not sure on the car park size etc?

OK Diners |

#56 · (Edited)
I originally floated the idea just to guage the level of interest for a centrally based meet where people might come FROM outlying area rather than travel TO them.

Aware that the Krispy Kreme & Ace Cafe venues are popular & well attended down South, and hoped we might get something similar organised up in the Midlands.

I have no wish to be central in organising, just happy to get the ball rolling ... as for dates , I was wondering about something between Christmas & New Year ...?

Suggest we keep chewing the fat 'till a plan comes together or someone picks up the baton...

Any (more) suggestions welcomed ...

#58 ·
Junction 2 ya numpty!

#62 ·
Ok, here's my thoughts. :smoke:
I've never been one to re-invent the wheel and as there have been relatively few of us expressing an interest at the moment, how about we just 'piggy back' an existing event for the first couple of times, to gauge interest and see if we can organise something more permanent for the summer.
There's a classic transport meet at the Moat House Inn, Kings Coughton (A435 B49 5QF) on Sunday 30th December from 11am.:D
Unless anyone has any other ideas?

#64 ·
Cool, give it a couple of days to see what the others think before deciding finally.
I'd thought about trying to park in one part of the carpark, but that may be difficult if we turn up at different times, so maybe meet up the road a bit first and cruise down. Or just park up and look about for each other (Red Carnations or a copy of The Times????)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.