Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage & Kustom Spring Break

12K views 99 replies 38 participants last post by  Darren West 
#1 ·
#30 ·
looks a great do, just what the uk needs, however i fill something a bit more central location wise would have been a good move, and its the weekend after wheels day, still if a choice i'd rather do this than wheels day, just need to get my van done........and then the 10 hour round trip.........good luck with it though

#32 ·
Mods... I hope this is ok to post... a few people asking about timings of stuff, when can we get there etc...

Spring Break - Timeline - Friday
6pm Friday - Showground opens for anyone wishing to camp overnight. (No extra cost, just purchase event ticket on arrival if you have not done so in advance.
7pm Friday - Bar open in Showground, with Happy Cat Record Hop until 11pm.
12pm Friday - Showground gates close - Camping still possible at Stonham Barns. If arriving after midnight camp in the area as directed by signage/security and purchase tickets Saturday morning.
Spring Break - Timeline - Saturday
7am Saturday - Showground open to traders/swapmeet/autojumble/vintage fair only.
8am Saturday - Showground open to public and all 'display' exhibitors. Trade Stands open.
10am Event officially starts - Welcome from John Price. Bar open.
10.30am - Pre 73 vehicles invited into main ring for the day. (Display only - Trophies tomorrow) John Price will interview all willing owners of 30s, 40s and 50s vehicles about their vehicle and their interests.
11am - Grasstrack oval opens solo or staggered starts, dependent upon number of participants.
11am - Jive and Strolling lessons and demos in Bar Area, Band 'Never Ever Blue' play chilled swing/jazz in main arena. (Weather permitting.)
12 midday - Grasstrack oval closes until 2pm
1pm - Never Ever Blue
2pm - Grasstrack oval re-opens
3pm - Jive and Strolling lessons and demos in Bar Area, Band 'Never Ever Blue' play chilled swing/jazz in main arena. (Weather permitting.)
6pm- 7pm - The Ladykillers and Q Plates Rockabilly (Soundcheck)
7pm - Happy Cat Record Hop.
7.45pm - Q Plates Rockabilly
8.45pm - The Ladykillers
10pm - Burlesque Show. (Some tassels involved. Parental Discretion advised)
Spring Break - Timeline - Sunday
8am Saturday - Showground open to public and all 'display' exhibitors. Trade Stands open.
10am - Pre 73 vehicles(cars and bikes) invited into main ring for the Show & Shine assembly.
10.30am - Post 73 'Special interest, and Military Vehicle assembly (Secondary arena)
11am - Grasstrack oval opens solo or staggered starts, dependent upon number of participants.
11am - Jive and Strolling lessons and demos in Bar Area.
12 midday - Grasstrack oval closes until 2pm.
1pm - Show & Shine entry closes. (Judging Starts.)
2pm - Grasstrack oval re-opens until 3pm.
3pm - Show & Shine Presentation. Special Interest/Military Vehicle Presentation.
5pm - Ends

#49 ·
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend, yes it was a shame a few more didnt come along saturday but there was a very good turnout today, the venue is superb, and a lot of very nice cars, and good music all weekend (apart from little dreary jazz) and i will definatly go again

#50 ·
I went and traded for the weekend,VERY VERY slow on Saturday, not a lot better today. Had a word with one of the organizers and asked what they were charging for Joe Public admission today, the answer was £10 a head ,FFS, its only £7 to get into the NASC Nats! No wonder business was slow. Will probably go next time,but won't be trading.

Gary.

#51 ·
I went today at about 1.30pm as the show isn't too far from mine, I was a bit disappointed personally, I had to pay £20 for me and the wife to get in and half the cars had gone already, the weather didn't help i agree but for the price it was pretty poor, I understand most the people there were either exhibitors or traders.

The public car park was nearly empty and I'm not surprised, I hadn't seen any advertising in the local press or even outside the show ground, I only knew about it from a car club newsletter.

I was told the prices were high as the land owner was in a lot of debt and they need to recoup some of their loses, I can't imagine the fun fair being happy either as no-one was going on the rides, On the plus side the dirt track was good fun to watch and the cars which were still there were excellent!.

Overall if it was cheaper to get in and better advertised it would have been better, and although it's early doors it's got a LONG way to go before it even nearly gets as good as the NASC Nationals in Ipswich.

54Devon - are you the chap in the Devon woody?, If so i was the lad you following down the A140/A14 in the Mk3 Cortina, I love you car although i couldn't keep up with you on the A14!

#54 ·
I was there from Friday evening, it's the first eveny I've been to where there's ice on the inside of the camper in the morning.

Great venue, really good band (Q Plates), dirt track was entertaining, not a huge number of cars but those that came were of real good quality.

Not a lot of trade on the stall but if I look at it as a weekend away with mates for £20 and I came home with more money than I went with, than it was fine.

Lesson to be learnt but an excellent start and our little Norfolk group will certainly all be there next year.

Cheers, Bob.

#55 ·
Didnt go, but took my son back to Lowestoft where he's at college yesterday afternoon and saw quite a few interesting motors on the A17/A47 so i guess that's where they'd been.

Starting a show from scratch must be difficult but it soulds like it was a good start.

#56 ·
I think considering it was the first one it was an excellent weekend and i camped over for £20 which was good value but yes i agree £10 per person Sunday is a bit steep.
I had no complaints but it was very badly advertised but this show has the potential to be a success in the coming years.
Every show i go to i always hear people moaning about this or that, you cant please all the people all the time and some people are never happy whatever.
Hopefully more people will camp over next year and enjoy it as much as i did

#57 ·
I agree with what you say Chucky, £20 for camping is dirt cheap, it was the £10 each admittance as a spectator that put a dampener on it for me, As already said, the quality of the cars that were there were brilliant and I'm sure next year once word gets around it will be a fab show, They just need to advertise better and lower the ticket price a bit to say £7 each for spectators and lower the price a bit for folk displaying their cars.

#58 ·
We decided not to camp or take the car instead stay with friends who live 2 mile away - went over on Sat pm but did not pay the £20 for us both to get in, had a chat to the guys on the gate, went back over on Sunday and relieved myself of £20 which i dont mind as I want to support the event, but if it had been better advertised and the public entry more reasonable they would have got better attendance from the locals.
Its a shame it wasnt better supported, a great venue despite the distance for many of us, and they put on a good show so well done for that - not certain though if it will happen again as the traders were very dissapointed

#59 ·
must say did think it a bit expensive cost me £20 for me and mrs on sun. as we displayed car as well . it cost us the same as joe public. the best result was the weekend tickets for £20 inc. camping
its a great venue for this sort of show and hope it takes off
i hope the organisers take some notice of these comments for future reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.