Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Stay cool, admit nothing Dig these feet's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Widow View Post
    I think he has a good point too especially early in the season, in my opinion later would be better and during school holidays so people could make it a weeks holiday in cornwall either coming before or staying on after, that way as someone said it would ease out the cost of the fuel. If it was a camp site like Billing then a lot of the cabin are rented weekly.
    I think Jane makes a good point. I wouldn't drive all that way at 12 mpg for an event. But I might do if the weekender was part of a longer holiday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    All good points, keep them coming. Hopefully this meeting will come around soon so I can get your idea's and thoughts across.

I'll let you all know how I fair..

Thanks again Ian
    Saved so far - 69 Cortina - 64 Humber Sceptre - 63 Zephyr V8

Projects - 57 Plymouth Belvedere - 72 Mercury Monterey

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydub View Post
    Also, not being a family type it's nice to have an area where kids aren't welcome (I know, I know) where I can relax, drink, swear and tell rude jokes - not worried about offending adults as they can make up their own minds but kids shouldn't be subject to certain behaviour...
    And due to our changeable weather somewhere under cover is always a good idea.
    i like this mans thinking!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Thats what went wrong with Run to the Sun for Hot Rods, started as a Custom and Hot Rod event and got so over-run with all sorts of VW's not old ones, most local Hot Rodders stopped going....I wouldn't drive down the end of my road to a VW event! Sorry.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I come from Cornwall so Im bias.
    There are many attractions in that area and the old road from Lands end to St Ives is probably one of the most impressive routes I have ever driven (and in a Hi Rise Victor at that time, and racing my mate in a 2L GT Cortina).

Thing is that the area is really the 'California' of this country and Cornwall offers history, beaches, scenery, many places of interest and a whole different attitude to life, which once you experience it never fades from your memory. I can remember the site that Run to the Sun started in, close to Sennen and Lands End and at that time it was a tip, but it worked because you could go to so many places in just a few miles.

I guess you may be thinking of the Royal Showgrounds close to Newquey, which is OK but Newquey is really not a place to go anymore if you want just good time and cruising. OK for a trip through it but move to somewhere else for the fun.

Imagine a cruise to a beach for the night. Parked up and looking out over pure blue seas and with BarBs going on the beach, the back to a site where you wake up and look over the coast for breakfast.

For me its about the cars the people and the time you spend with people who understand and appreciate this very small 'hobby'.

G
    built by hand NOT by computer

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    All those things you mention - fad15 - we put on in May this year, ( )and unfortunately we cannot always have shows on our doorstep, we travel far afield, not for the trophies we pick up but for the pleasure of attending with a car that is our hobby. There is no point having a Hot Rod if you don't take it anywhere, and we take the caravan with us, 12 to the gallon or not! Living in Cornwall is a bonus, but it's a journey out, which we don't mind doing a few times a year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information