Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'm a grown up member now !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Belle Vue & Rainy City Cruisers

Hi all,

Just to introduce myself - I'm Rodger Attaway. Hopefully some of you may remember me..... I, along with Graham Kelsey, used to organise the Rod & Custom Shows at Belle Vue and we both had a bit to do with the early days of Rainy City Cruisers.
    I'm still married to the same girl, Corinne, and have two lads. Recent rodding involvements have been helping Dik Stapley run the Multi-Storey Show in Hull and attending the Hot Rod Holiday.
    And I'm putting together a book about the Belle Vue shows... but more of that in a different thread

Regards,
    Rodger

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rest in Peace
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rodger, it's good to have you aboard. I exhibited at a couple of your excellent shows. I've still got the pennant from the fist Show. I was on the Leicester club stand with my nearly finished 5 Window, Terry Riddle's 'T' and the late great Mick Cooke's Camaro. Those shows were great for the hobby.
    Rog.
    If some's good, more's better and too much is just enough

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aye Up Roger, ;o) Remember you and Graham well had some great fun up at York Street, the Sunday runs out and spent some coin when you had the shop in Graham's Mams front room in Stockport, then the posh shop, Yes fond memories.
    Is there any progress with the film Crusin loads of people keep asking me about it... and not the Al Pacino one either... Great to hear from you, had an e-mail from Steve Myatt the other day to, we cant get this out of our systems can we.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Official RnS Addict ROCKIN WOLEY's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome Roger

Welcome roger, we dont know each other but I remember you from the dare I say the old days when you could see a street rod on the road every day as someones daily driver anyway greetings from another newby

Official RnS Addict ROCKIN WOLEY's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeff hawksworth;36865]Welcome roger, we dont know each other but I remember you from the dare I say old days when you could see a street rod on the road every day as someones daily driver anyway greetings from another newbie WE all hope you post a few photos !! your car or even someone elseswill you be getting involved with the show scene again because we dont see many shows up north anymore:smoke

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Many thanks for the welcome...
    Yes Rog I remember your white 57 Chevy.... beautiful.

Holmsey, I'm still trying to get `Cruisin' sorted out. Got a friend (was the sound man at BV) on the case as he's in the film business and Curtis Clark is a big wig in the American Cinematography (?) Association. Seems they don't talk to ordinary folks! But we keep trying. we've established that he sold the rights but it's finding out who holds them now.

Nice thought but I wasn't planning to run any more shows... at my age?

Thanks again
    Rodger

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
    Hi all,

Just to introduce myself - I'm Rodger Attaway. Hopefully some of you may remember me..... I, along with Graham Kelsey, used to organise the Rod & Custom Shows at Belle Vue and we both had a bit to do with the early days of Rainy City Cruisers.
    I'm still married to the same girl, Corinne, and have two lads. Recent rodding involvements have been helping Dik Stapley run the Multi-Storey Show in Hull and attending the Hot Rod Holiday.
    And I'm putting together a book about the Belle Vue shows... but more of that in a different thread

Regards,
    Rodger
    Hi Roger

You may remember me as an eary Rainy City Cruiser . I had a Moggy van named Chunky which I used to turn up to York street on cruise nights painted a different colour each week. Was also at the shows and used to pal around with CVolin Blood who had a trick painted Marina which had body mods and tuck n roll draylon interior.

I'm a father of three daughters and grand dad to three grandsons (9, 7 and 3)and a grand daughter of 6 months. I notice you now live in Newcastle under Lyne. What are you up to these days?

Good to hear you're still around.

Take care ... Jon

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie oldskoolgaz's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome aboard rodger

Official RnS Addict
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
    Hi,

Many thanks for the welcome...
    Yes Rog I remember your white 57 Chevy.... beautiful.

Holmsey, I'm still trying to get `Cruisin' sorted out. Got a friend (was the sound man at BV) on the case as he's in the film business and Curtis Clark is a big wig in the American Cinematography (?) Association. Seems they don't talk to ordinary folks! But we keep trying. we've established that he sold the rights but it's finding out who holds them now.

Nice thought but I wasn't planning to run any more shows... at my age?

Thanks again
    Rodger
    Wellcome Roger. The Bel Vue Shows were great even with the bomb scares. Dont for get Shutdown also Curtis Clark production be great to get both on one DVD i am sure they would sell well. p.s. what happened to the 1957 Handyman TLR 60. Cheers Ken.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ken,

Shutdown is not forgotten. I think that they should both be out there and available to all but before we can do that we've got find who owns the rights. The search goes on and Curtis is the starting point... if only we could a reply from him!
    We only had one bomb scare... maybe it just seemed like more!
    I'm actually putting a book together about the shows but perhaps I should start a seperate thread about that but it will also have a dvd with it that was filmed at the '79 show.
    The 57 went to someone (for the life of me, I cant remember who) to rebuild. What happened after that I've no idea.

Regards,
    Rodger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information