Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  2
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Estonia!

Hi there

Let's start with an introduction then.

My name is Jarmo Nuutre, from Tallinn, Estonia.
    Been lurking around here on this forum for years as well, but registered today.
    Sorry if there's some grammar mistakes, missing commas etc. Reading and writing in English every day, but I'm not born with it
    Also - for time saving I used a bits of copy-paste from my thread on another UK forum, so please forgive me the lazyness

I'm a pinstriper-signpainter-custom painter, One Eyed Morse Kustoms.
    You can check out my stuff from these pages:
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oneeyedmorse/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/oneeyedmorse

Also working on a new printed custom zine - Diskustom Magazine.
    Focusing mainly (but not only) on cool customs, lowriders and hot rods built out of more or less uncommon material.
    Magazine is printed on glossy high quality paper,
    content 130gr, covers 350gr. Size 200x250mm.
    Perfect binding, 88 pages.
    Written in English.

You can get it from the homepage:
    http://www.diskustommagazine.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/diskustommagazine/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/diskustommagazine

Been also tattoo artist from 1998, but stopped in this June cause paint-stuff and working on magazine is taking up all the time.

Also into music. Making quite a lot of bands, also since 1998, currently working mostly on solo stuff though - some industrial,
    some black metal, some dark rap kind of thing, doom metal, noise, alternative poppish electronis, drum-n-bass, techno and sometimes
    them all mixed together too We toured quite a lot with my previous band, the duo-of-doom Talbot - all over the Europe, Russia, Balkan
    countries, Japan and Australia. UK too of course. One of the most notable moments have probably been playing at the Roskilde Festival
    as the first Estonian band at this fest.
    Unfortunately I have only one song in the Spotify and other streaming services right now, but in case you're interested then I have quite a
    lot of my projects listenable on this page: https://talklefthanded.bandcamp.com/

Well, enough of my background, let's talk cars.

I'm mainly into kustom stuff - hotrods, lowriders, kustoms. Traditional and also not so traditional. I reckon my favourite car culture is coming from
    Japan, been visiting some events there, especially the Yokohama's Hot Rod & Custom Show quite a few times and this year I'm an official pinstriper there.
    But quite into a lot of other genres too - VIP, stance, all the kaido racers, zokusha etc, even itasha.
    There's been about 50 cars in my past, but it would be too much to list, so here's just a few:
    last year I had a Beetle called "Wonky *******" - some kind of mashup between the looks of aircooled gasser, hoodride and so-on.

All handpainted graphics, no spraygun was harmed during this paintjob

This summer I worked on it again, cause the new owner wanted some more lettering on it

In the previous decade I rode around in my 1966 Volvo Amazon. Then sold it in 2008, but bought it back in 2011 and my girlfriend is now the new owner.
    Body is almost repaired, needs some finishing and then off to a few custom tricks and paint and all other bits'n'pieces. Direction is going towards mild kustom.
    This is how it looked back in 2008

And finally here's my main project - Dodge Aspen from 1980.
    Dailydriven car. This season, from the late April until today, I covered 11 400km with it.

Going towards the seventies styled lowrider with it. Not 100% period correct of course, but just the general direction.
    Got it already in late '12, but the the modifying started in the late spring of '16.

225cid (3.7 liters) slant six engine, the leaning tower of power as it was called. Well, not that much of power, but it's definitely cruisable.
    Flowmaster 40 knock-off muffler, so it has quite a nice rumble going on under there. I've tried few different mufflers and searched in
    YouTube for the slant six exhaust sounds and the Flowmaster 40 was the one that made the "right" tone for me with this engine.
    But, as I wanted to get it cheaper, then I ordered a knock-off piece. In this June I also added a cheapo electric cut-out, rumblin' even more
    while cruising.

Rear axle has an DIY airride, all the parts are sourced locally. For example, the bags are from the Scania truck bogie axle (I'm not sure if it's the
    right word for it), air tank is an old fire extinguisher, 4-link is from under the Nissan Patrol and modified to fit the Aspen, shocks are from Cadillac
    Eldorado etc etc. Everything works nicely and I'm happy with it.
    But yes, I admit - it's not really a tr00 kvlt lowrider, as it's bagged. Juicing it is in my future plans, but so far it's been a bit out of the reach and as the
    diy-airride was more accessible at the moment then I went with it for now. Also, as Estonian customizing laws are (actually a bit better now since August 26th,
    but suspension mods are still illegal) so bad, that actually about every bit of modding is illegal af, then the bags seemed to be just a tad more justifiable to the local lawmen ("But officer, American
    cars are made for comfort and hence the air suspension" etc). Well, anyway, as it happens we just received the news today that from August 26th the new law finally
    lands and it looks great comparing to the old laws that had it's roots back in the time we were still occupied by the Soviet regime (regained our independency in 1991).

Here's some pics of how it looks now

Last edited by Jarmo; 24-11-2019 at 09:35.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Likesdrseg liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, just read this, very cool.
    Your grammar and punctuation is much better than most English folk I know LOL.

The /6 engine is one, if not the best engine ever made as a workhorse, put the (one) silencer right at the back of the exhaust system on a -6 or a /6 engine for the best "noise"

The end of this vid is a nice sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEqnazqNt0

68roadrunner

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome.

The Oddlot Drag Racing Team...havin fun is usual
    57 chevy wagon.
    540cui altered.
    your not drunk enough if you can lie on the floor without holding on..

6. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarv8 View Post
    put the (one) silencer right at the back of the exhaust system on a -6 or a /6 engine for the best "noise"
    The end of this vid is a nice sound
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEqnazqNt0
    68roadrunner
    Thanks!

Yeah, you can get nice sounds out of the slant six. I especially love the rumble when it has the dual headers mated with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.
    At the moment I just have a Flowmaster knock-off muffler in the back, so it sounds decent. Rumbles enough, but not too much.
    In the summer I also installed a cheapo Made in China electric cut-out before the muffler, but it was only cool when idleing slowly on the streets, but got
    rather ugly when driving normal. And well, after for about a month I guess it got jammed up or something like this anyway, but it's not opening anymore.
    Probably will just delete it at some point in the future.

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trick is to use the biggest tube diameter you can, the larger the better to "slow" down the speed through the system.

My RR has the biggest entry/exit dia Flowmasters I could find...4" IIRC running through a "3 1/5 dual system inc the tailpipes that go through the factory location but ,had to lift all the floorpans to make it have more clearance than the factory sized crap.
    The sound is crazy....too crazy now im older LOL.

I have Billet rods, forged pistons, Crower solid cam kit, roller rockers etc etc laying around for a 225 /6, and an engine, would love to build a "rev happy" 6 one day
    Good luck

68roadrunner

9. LikesJarmo liked this post
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, wow, nice work.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and excellent English.
    Cool paintwork.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Very cool cars, I'm loving the Amazon.
    50 shades of grey primer....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in