Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Milton Keynes :)

Hi all!
    I've had a browse around and really like this forum. So I've joined up.

I love all old skool cars, be they a restored original "anything", to anything with muscle. My ride is a 1975 MGB GT. Its got a Range Rover engine and a Chevy gearbox, plus some other goodies. I took it off the road 20 months ago to get serious with the tuning. So she spends all her driving time at Drag Strips. Once I hit my goal on the strip, I'm going to bung some road tyres back on and get it mot'd again.
    I'm hoping 2010 will see the final phase of the tuning finished so I can go out on the roads for some fun.
    Regards to all
    Perry

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Perry,seen your car run!,youve got that thing hooking up really well,whats the target ?,Bry
    My Intro
    Insurance Repairs, MOT Work
    or Full On Restorations

Roberts Motor Bodies

Home of Henry Hirise
    Click to visit our website.

View the Henry Hirise Re-Build

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bry!!
    I made it to 10.6 in 2009. But the old girl ran out of puff. I've now tweaked the gas system and shoved a Holley 600 double pumper on. I did buy a Weber 600 with vac secondaries with a new single plane manifold. BIG mistake
    With the old tune she ran 10.6 back to back for 13 runs. So I know it was not a fluke. I've just got some bigger slicks to help with gearing, and I can now shove another 60 of gas into the engine. But thats the nitrous system maxxed out until I fit bigger solenoids and a twin bottle setup this year.
    The target is to run 300hp of nitrous on a stock engine and make a 9 second pass. Then she will get an MOT

My project with the MGB is to run as quick as possible on as much stock stuff as I can. The engine is a 100,000 mile Rover 4.6 with all stock internals apart from the Omega pistons. Its not even had a rebore.
    The gearbox is a reconditioned TH350. I'm still running all stock suspension front and rear. I've fitted polybushes all round, and made up my own slapper bars for the rear leaf springs to stop the front wheels lifting too far. I'm still using the original MGBV8 1975 Salisbury axle (thanks to Andy Frost), but I removed the Phantom grip diff locker as it got damaged when the diff pin sheared at North Weald and trashed it. As I was racing the next weekend I just welded the diff at home. Its been that way for nearly 2 years now.

I was going to spend a shed load of cash on a Ford axle. But Andy advised me last year to hang on to the Salisbury unit for a while, as I would be surprised at just how much abuse this unit will take. And he was right !!

So its 9 seconds or bust for me in 2010. But as usual, I'll get to the track this year with too many mods done and run slower than I did two years ago. Then its months of testing and tweaking to find the sweet spot again. And hopefully get some good runs in by July / August while the track is good

So whats your ride Bry?
    I know so many folk from the Pod by their cars. And we always give each other a wave. But we hardly ever get to find out each others names unless we meet on forums like this. But once I've spoken to folk a few times at the track, I always make sure I say "we have met a few times, but I dont know your name" then I offer a handshake and say "I'm Perry, how you doing".
    Some folk shake hands and say "hello mate". Others shake hands and say "Hi, I'm ????, nice to meet you" and then I find I have another friend at the track. I always ask folk on forums to look out for the 50 year old fat bloke with grey hair and glasses, standing next to an MGB V8 at the Pod. That will be Perry

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow massive respect Perry,moving towards the nines,thats some achievment for any racer,but all the more impressive with an MGB good on ya !,youve certainly got a good advisor in Andy,iam sure you'll find plenty to jaw about on here,its a great site with some top people,Bry-PS we may be twins !

(You can take a look at my profile page to have a gander at my stuff,dont wana bore you here )
    My Intro
    Insurance Repairs, MOT Work
    or Full On Restorations

Roberts Motor Bodies

Home of Henry Hirise
    Click to visit our website.

View the Henry Hirise Re-Build

When was the last time you did something for the first time ?

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjob View Post
    Wow massive respect Perry,moving towards the nines,thats some achievment for any racer,but all the more impressive with an MGB good on ya !,youve certainly got a good advisor in Andy,iam sure you'll find plenty to jaw about on here,its a great site with some top people,Bry-PS we may be twins !

(You can take a look at my profile page to have a gander at my stuff,dont wana bore you here )
    He He!!
    50's rule dude

[url=http://www.nobrain.d NoJive 55's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,PerryWelcome to Rods n Sods

Love the GT< ...

Bob.....

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob!
    She now has a new front spoiler and an old skool MGB grille to show off in 2010

Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Good Lord, you'll have the MGOC choking on their tea and swallowing their pipes! Great car, good luck on hitting the 9s.

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see you Perry.
    Lots of good people here
    Europe's quickest and fastest street legal car. 4.09 @ 191 - 6.27 @ 237mph so far...
    IVA legal too!
    Penn Autos/Andy Frost race transmissions.
    www.redvictor1racing.co.uk

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Andy.
    Funnily enough, the MGOC are pretty supportive of my car. And a lot of members also like it. But the majority of members at shows tend to look the other way when I walk by in case I talk to them
    They pretend to be rummaging in the wicker picnic basket or hide under their tartan rugs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information