Forgot your username?

Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi from a VERY LONG TIME lurker!

Hi,

I'm a very long time lurker on this site, first joined up in 2016. I've been into Yanks, Hot Rods and Customs etc since i was a kid when my dad had a '73 Dodge Charger and we used to go to the Chelsea Cruise and Santa Pod racing. He had that car all through my childhood, but after 13 years of ownership decided it was time to sell. Since then I've had several American cars, starting at 21 with my first TPI C4 Corvette, that was followed by another C4 Corvette convertible, bought off John 'The Doc' Claydon (anyone remember him?)when i worked for him back in the early '90's and then a Formula 300 Firebird. After that i still wanted a V8 so I bought a Monaro as its right hand drive and an easier car to use as a daily driver, i rebuilt the engine on that one with a full Monkfish top end kit, CNC ported Livernois 243 heads, cam, uprated springs LS7 lifters etc and an LS7 clutch. About three years ago i got bored and bought an ex Terry Redburn '71 Dodge Demon that was back halved, tubbed with a 4 link etc and 451 stroker from the US in it, i kept that for around 9 months and got an offer i couldn't refuse so that went. I then had an '08 Roush supercharged Mustang but was unimpressed with that so sold it and bought another LS1 powered Monaro which I currently still have, this ones built to the same spec as my first one too but after a year of ownership i'm getting bored again so it's on Ebay: eBay item number: 153607621921 if anyone's interested (sorry mods if I've broken any posting rules!) Sorry for a lack of any photos but i don't have any on this computer (new computer!) My whole family are car lovers and we still go to the 'Pod etc as regularly as work/life (and the weather!) will allow. I hope i don't come across as flashy or arrogant i just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully i'll get to meet some of you in the South East if there are any meets happening when i get myself another Yank, Rod etc.
    Cheers
    Dave
    There aint a part they make i cant break!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Rods 'n' Sods Junkie
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, memories of the Demon come flashing back to me..........are you listening Rob?...
    Where did it end up Fella?

68roadrunner.

Forum Sponsor RAYS CLASSICS.COM's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome Dave , I,m originally from Kent myself & traded yanks back in the 70,s in the medway towns before moving here , I sold a 73 charger to a couple guys on the ferry boat coming back from Belgium around 75 or so wonder if that was it , I used to hang around with carl denhart, Dave cox (stood boys) & bill Scott , maybe you're dad would have known of them , the Chelsea Cruise was a good night back then when you could actually cruise the kings rd & park up before everyone got hustled into the park . RAY A in sf

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome messages and the replies. The Demon went to New Zealand with someone who was emigrating there, I don’t know where abouts in NZ though.
    Hi Ray, I seem to remember being told my dad bought the Charger off a US service man who was going home and couldn’t afford or want to ship the car back with him. I don’t recognise any the names you’ve said but that doesn’t mean my dad didn’t/wouldn’t know them, I’ll ask him next time I see him. I know he used to hang around with a Bob (Chapman?) who had a Dodge Coronet buts that’s all I can remember. The Chelsea Cruise was a good night back then, I haven’t been there in any of my cars as they’ve all been fairly stock except for engine mods, and barring the Demon nothing classic either.
    Cheers
    Dave
    There aint a part they make i cant break!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information