Likes Likes:  23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like

On the hot rod road!

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here - My mate at work is into hot rods and tells me all about it, i'm looking to get more into the scene, I like the black Ford Popular but only have a Kia Picanto right now although I think its round and can look similar from the corners.

I know it won't win any races but want it to look more like a hot rod, I have changed the seat covers so it looks less 'production' but can't take seats out because of the family.

I will put a ford popular sticker on it when it comes from ebay... Pics to follow!

Anyway, looking forward to joining the scene, any sugestions on the cheapest way to look like a Rodder? I would love one day for my car to look like a popular and people to ask me about it at your meets.

I'll keep you posted. - Go easy on me - i'm new here.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    So any ideas? I'm all ears guys!

I saw these Ford Popular parts on ebay (link below)... is it worth putting some on my car? If they wouldn't fit I might leave some along the parcel shelf with an orignal parts book so it looks like i've been 'gettin' greasy' working on my 'Popular'. Little bit of hot rod smoke and mirrors guys! ... Ssshhh don't tell anybody!

Anyway, keep the ideas coming - pics to follow!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-POPU...QAAOSwLfNa8KIV

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1932-1933...0AAOxyD9JR798e

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to say - if anyone already has that popular parts book would they send me a PM if they don't mind photocopying it for me? it's £35 - I only need the front cover copied so it looks good when someone looks through the window.

Thanks guys!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RodsnSods.co.uk
    Advertisements

Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a wind up?
    How the hell you gonna make a Kia look like a pop? I can only assume you are a genius with metal
    Last edited by russ6120; 12-05-2018 at 17:33.

7. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
    Official RnS Addict hotrod rick's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    seems someone's having a laugh if not just keep saving your pennies and buy a pop a kia will never be a pop.
    DRIVE IT LIKE STOLE IT,

9. Likesv8.jimmy liked this post
    I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    no not a wind up. just someone short on the ability to buy a popular who trying to work with what he's got. your reply that 'a kia will never be a pop' makes me disappointed. please leave those comments away from the rest of us who love cars and who don't dare say 'never' when leaning over an engine in a cold night or topping the tire pressures up at the garage in the rain. you get a popular 'off the peg' if you want to, but that's what we're about here is it?

thanks for the interest anyway.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod rick View Post
    seems someone's having a laugh if not just keep saving your pennies and buy a pop a kia will never be a pop.
    Rick FFS have you no vision??? Once the Pop brake parts are fitted, handbook in window and Pop sticker added........................................ c'mon where's your creativity. I think he should make it more like the commercial version........ a Fordson Van?
    Last edited by v8.jimmy; 13-05-2018 at 23:51.

12. Likeshotrod rick, tuckers liked this post
    Official RnS Addict hotrod rick's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by v8.jimmy View Post
    Rick FFS have you no vision??? Once the Pop brake parts are fitted, handbook in window and Pop sticker added........................................ c'mon where's your creativity. I think he should make it more like the commercial version........ a Fordson Van?
    DRIVE IT LIKE STOLE IT,

I'm a newbie !
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    clap.clap.clap.

way to go. way to welcome a newcomer.

anyway it's not just a sticker, it's a 6 inch decal.

who are you anyway? v8 jimmy? more like L8 Jimmy... L = looser and 8 for how many more women wanna sit in the back of my ride at the meets.

ps. nice pickup.. it's colour matches your tears when you see my popular hotrod in your rearview.

hotrod rick = sorry you had to see that reply, thanks for your emoji support, try to ignore him.

American Truck importer v8.jimmy's Avatar
    Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotroddertobe View Post
    clap.clap.clap.

way to go. way to welcome a newcomer.

anyway it's not just a sticker, it's a 6 inch decal.

who are you anyway? v8 jimmy? more like L8 Jimmy... L = looser and 8 for how many more women wanna sit in the back of my ride at the meets.

ps. nice pickup.. it's colour matches your tears when you see my popular hotrod in your rearview.

hotrod rick = sorry you had to see that reply, thanks for your emoji support, try to ignore him.

actually I was being serious and backing you up. If Rick chose to make a fool of both of us that's up to him. Have you ever seen a Fordson Van, it's the van version of the Pop and they look fantastic rodded, and you'd have more room for all them women and then you wouldn't be a loser like you say I am.........lol. Lots of **** taking on this site........ mmmm a 6 inch decal, well you never said that, you said a sticker, now that puts a different slant on it. I've been googling your other question "the cheapest way to LOOK like a rodder" but I can't find an answer as no way a loser like me will have any comprehension of what a rodder looks like, c'mon guys anybody help this chap with some suggestion??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live, Town\City\County etc.

Please enter your full name
This field cannot be edited once it has been completed other than via contacting the site admin. Please make sure the information is correct first time.

Log-in

Thread Information