Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Blimey! what a night! we counted 50 cars, fantastic start to a new meeting, lots of new motors there and a good contingent of bikes too!
we ate there and it was good nosh, many thanks to all turned up, look forward to next month :bigsmile:
Nick

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
Great night and good to put faces to names..............................

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, myself, Ian (Morecubes- 100E RV8 ) and Kev and Nat (64Classic) headed off to get to the meet, then Ian decided he prefered travelling on the back of a big yellow lorry!

This was only after we had spent about an hour and a half testing virtually every part of my ignition on his ignition- to eventually come to the conclusion that the 'Pulse generator' in his 35DM8 distributor had given up the ghost.

So instead we towed it to the local retail park and had our own private car show outside Frankie and Benny's.

We promise to be there next month- but trust me it wasn't for want of trying!

If anyone local has a 35DM8 dizzy please contact me (07799444893)or Ian (Morecubes on here).

·
Super Moderator
7,401 Posts
Very pleased to meet you Evil McNasty and 59 Impala dude. I don't think you were that Evil or that Nasty!!!!

Glad you got home ok.

Cheers
Hotrod Girl
You are too kind.............. and need glasses. :incheek::incheek:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well, myself, Ian (Morecubes- 100E RV8 ) and Kev and Nat (64Classic) headed off to get to the meet, then Ian decided he prefered travelling on the back of a big yellow lorry!

This was only after we had spent about an hour and a half testing virtually every part of my ignition on his ignition- to eventually come to the conclusion that the 'Pulse generator' in his 35DM8 distributor had given up the ghost.

So instead we towed it to the local retail park and had our own private car show outside Frankie and Benny's.

We promise to be there next month- but trust me it wasn't for want of trying!

If anyone local has a 35DM8 dizzy please contact me (07799444893)or Ian (Morecubes on here).
So two weeks ago the Classic broke, now the 100E, you're not having much luck are you? Shame you didn't make it, it was a good evening.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just gotta say..........what a fantastic first meet, thanks Nick for arranging this around my shift pattern!
It was good to meet up with some familiar faces and to make new acquaintances amongst some superb cars and a really friendly atmosphere. :tup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Blimey! what a night! we counted 50 cars, fantastic start to a new meeting, lots of new motors there and a good contingent of bikes too!
we ate there and it was good nosh, many thanks to all turned up, look forward to next month :bigsmile:
Nick
Great evening Nick:tup:, great weather, great turnout. Thanks for "not" organising it.....:rofl::rofl::rofl::tup:
Look forward to next month :bigsmile:, throttle fixed by then.
RR x

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I think a bigger car park will be needed next time how about just closing the A21 and using that. As there is a roundabout at each end of that stretch of road I cannot see a problem making the general public make a detour problem solved.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hmmmmmm, you know? Ive sort of measured that straight outside the diner, its an 1/8th mile give or take a few yards, now I have no idea what use that sort of useless information is worth I really dont :smoke:

It seemed to me that the cars who looked like they wouldnt behave and leave nice and gently did, and the cars that looked like they were nice gentle things usualy left sideways! Orange truck, Anglias (pair) SS Chevelle, and various others, you know who you are! :happy:
Brilliant!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.