Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts

11 DYN in Blue…:eek:

NEVER SEEN IT LIKE THAT BEFORE, WELL DONE BOB, THAT 2ND PICTURE IS JUST AWESOME, LOOKS LIKE ITS JUST BEEN KICKED UP THE ARSE!......... SO IS THAT BEFORE IT WENT ALL GASSERED?....

OH BY THE WAY..ITS STILL BLUE!!...:smoke:

Attachments

·
Cadillac fanatic
890 Posts
Looks different in that colour, I dont recal ever knowing it was painted like that, come to think about it, I dont recall seeing it down in the weeds at the front either.... Great pic's :tup:

·
Registered
935 Posts
I liked it like that, was featured along with Barry Grimes Willys in street machine mag in this guise.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow that's a rare sight, my mate owned the car in 1983, what diffirence between te high rider, looks tubbed out in the photo's, how times move on ?

nice one :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
This was ROBS ELVIS period :D,im sure he will love this photo..1994..also featured Barry Grimes all steel 41 willys, awsome car..shame its not still here.:sniff:
Sorry to go O/T but the mention of Barry's Willys brings back a fantastic memory. We raced at Avon Park, two mates in cars that they had built themselves, wheels in the air, side by side 9.3s. The best race I ever had!
Thanks for the indulgence back to the iconic 11 DYN.
Rog.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Bring back a few memorys Roger,Bazas willys was a awsome car right stance and all steel too,still looks the bollocks now, love that coupe. :D
It that the same car that was featured in Hot Rod, the main pic. at the side of the road with a young lady sat next to it ?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Just wondering if it was the one I brought in in 87 ... often wonder what happened to it :beuj:

·
Two Sauces and a Sausage!
1,642 Posts
It may well be ill ask barry next time i see him,i no he went out to the states to get the motor for it ,a couple of ******* hillbilly chevy nuts,not sure about the car..And yes Ken the car is still in Florida he sold it to a F.B.I agent, who thouroughly checked Bazza out before he parted with his wedge.. Real shame as its stance and overall tuff look was spot on.I love a 41 williys coupe.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sorry to go O/T but the mention of Barry's Willys brings back a fantastic memory. We raced at Avon Park, two mates in cars that they had built themselves, wheels in the air, side by side 9.3s. The best race I ever had!
Thanks for the indulgence back to the iconic 11 DYN.
Rog.
Roger, I was in the stands that day.....truely an awesome spectical!!

I`m not positive, but I think I caught it on video.....

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
That would be something to see, it would have been 1996 or 97. I seem to remember while me and Barry waited to cross the track after our run Jimmy Hiberd did a run. He pulled a wheelie, lifted off and came down with a bang which bent his axle. It was a good day to have a video camera.

Rog.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts