Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
im after a set of 14" thin trim rings to fit ford. a pair of half decent doglegs for a mk2 consul z/z ,and a thingy :roll: for my consul its the part at the front i cant think of what its called the bit just above the radiator ,errr its the bit most people cut out because they change engines or to save struggling getting it out .owner b4 me did just that .any way mk2 people will know what im on about or them that had had mk2s i need the full width please :oops:
ps ive got a spare mk2 rear axel and prop complete needs cleaning (minus drums and brakes ) not sure if its c/z/or zodi i aint checked ratio ? willing to trade if you will
cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
is the thingy you want the slam panel??

haven't got one of those, but have got a HUGE box of mk2 consul trim, so I'll have a root through next time I'm up at the farm, see if I've got the doglegs

- kev

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the thingy you want the slam panel??

haven't got one of those, but have got a HUGE box of mk2 consul trim, so I'll have a root through next time I'm up at the farm, see if I've got the doglegs

- kev
hiya mate thanks for your reply . i think thats it ?the brass trim id plate is normaly on there. direcly above the rad .i dont need a full panel just the section most people cut out and never weld back in .
cheers mate

·
Registered
348 Posts
thingy

yes it definately the slam panel,its the bit the spring on the bonnet locks into.:tup:
I think there is one on ebay at the moment,it has to be consul because the bonnet is different on zodiac/zephyr

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it definately the slam panel,its the bit the spring on the bonnet locks into.:tup:
I think there is one on ebay at the moment,it has to be consul because the bonnet is different on zodiac/zephyr
hi bud thanks but sorry its not that panel because that panel is bolt on/off this is hard say explain .grrrrrrrrrrr i cant up load pics yet i aint that clever with pc . but if you lift the bonnet on any standard mk2 z/z/c ,the first thing you see is the panel that locks bonnet (the one yuo suggested ). then you see the rad behind that which bolts to a panel that goes from inner wing to inner wing .lefthand side of this panel is the ford square plate with vin number on, then that panel as a big square opening in the middle for the rad .so the fan blade to cool .ok so if you remove the rad your left with a square hole , well top of that square on my car as been cut out .and i need that piece to weld back in .
hope you can work out the part i mean . cheers

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
[i tried to put a piccy here i found showing the part i need (thingy ) but its gone to my images i dont know if antone will be able to see it now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello if anyone wants to see the part i need its the piece between the two red lines that as been cut out of my car .(the picture is from the net and not my car )in members images page 12
cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
panel

it will be radiator support panel part no 204e 16140 - B they are different for consul to the others hence the 204e part of the part number.I have seen these on ebay ocassionaly otherwise put a wanted add on here for radiator support panel as people may be removing them to fit engines,Unfortunately my one has been cut about before i got it,otherwise you could have had it,cheers Paul:tup:

·
0 to 60 in 3 weeks
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will be radiator support panel part no 204e 16140 - B they are different for consul to the others hence the 204e part of the part number.I have seen these on ebay ocassionaly otherwise put a wanted add on here for radiator support panel as people may be removing them to fit engines,Unfortunately my one has been cut about before i got it,otherwise you could have had it,cheers Paul:tup:
thank bud for a good bit of info i dont want a full panel just the bit thats been cut out . if i cant find one ill just fab somthing up .
but ill give your idea a try
cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts