Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15" Steel Wheels - 5 Stud Ford Bolt Pattern for F100 & 5.5" Hub to 4.5" Wheel Adapter

Hi! I'm fitting an ifs with disc brakes to my 1953 Ford F100 Pickup. I've opted for standard 4 1/2" Ford 5 stud pattern, but the originals are 5 1/2" stud pattern which are not available for the disc brakes, so I need at least a matching pair of steel wheels for the front. Probably 5-6" width. I might consider a set of four or five if I decide to use adapters for the rear axle. No doubt the rear axle will be swapped out for an 8" or 9" Ford in due course, but for the time being it will stay stock.

I intend to run beauty rings and hubcaps, but if someone has some reasonably priced alloys I might be tempted. Got to be within a reasonable distance of NW Middlesex/West London for me to collect please. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Very interesting. I've actually bought a TCI/Heidts style F100-specific '53-'56 F100 crossmember and Mustang II suspension/steering kit from Speedway Motors and we've removed the beam axle and parralel leaf springs in preparation for welding it in. The trouble is that the discs were only available for later 5-stud Ford or the 5-stud Chevy stud patterns. I'm having the rear shoes relined and for the time being I'll retain the original axle. The minimum I'll need are a pair of (say) 5 1/2" x 15" steels wheels with the 4 1/2" 5-stud Ford pattern so that we can move the truck around while we do more work. I realise that the front and rear wheels will be of different diameters and stud patterns, but a way around that would be the use of a stud adapter for the rear (subject to width restrictions under the rear arches). Speedway do list these, but they are about $130, plus shipping. Cheers. Richard

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty certain they are 16" diameter. I'll double check when I go to work on the truck tomorrow.

·
Registered
337 Posts

I have a pair which were used for shifting my car around, they have new tyres on, but one has a rip in the sidewall..
PM if they're any good of new Cragars?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the offer. Most appreciated, though I'm not sure how practical it would be for me to collect them from Leeds. They look a little strange. What exactly are they or what were they from? You certainly couldn't fit a standard hubcap. Roughly how wide are thgey please. I'm intrigued. Richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts