Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD SUBJECT TO CONTRACT. SOLD SUBJECT TO CONTRACT. SOLD SUBJECT TO CONTRACT. I had a chap who came up to me at a show and said do you want to sell? It got me thinking that what I really want is a Roadster and if I don't sell my rod I won't have the money to buy it! So, her details are as follows:

Selling price is £7,000 ONO.

We are in the Hastings area of East Sussex.

Registered 1950 Ford Model B 5 Window Coupe, glass fibre, roof chop and full roll cage. The colour is what I call Galaxy Minstrels colour. It is matted in places and shiney in others. There is cracking in the rear off side wheel arch - a photo is attached. Has a tape player and speakers, but you can't hear it if you are running on open headers :D

Jago chassis, steel box section, 4 bar link and pannard rod to rear axle.

Ford 302 ci, Rebuilt, rebored +30 thou, Edelbrock carb, Edelbrock cam, Torquer 11 inlet and a HEI electronic ignition.

C4 Auto box with Transgo shift kit and a B&M Pro stick shifter.

Live rear axle volvo 240, independent Cortina front suspension. Rack and pinion, Triumph Herald column and Mountney steering wheel. She is righthand drive.

Steel wheels, 4x15 front with crossplys and 8x15 rear.

Very light and very fast.

I am 5ft 6" and I can drive comfortably. Hubby is 5ft 11" and he can drive her ok, but has to slightly lower his head so he doesn't hit it on the roof. If you are taller or a bit wider than the average, whatever that is, person then you won't fit in.

This is a genuine sale to get my dream car. I am sad to be selling her, we have had some good times. If I could afford to keep her I would.

This is more of a rat rod than a show car. Although I do get lots of compliments. The photos show everything that you would want to see. This is reflected in the price.

Please no timewasters or dreamers. I will P/X either way (couple of grand type thing ) for a '32 Roadster, Hi-boy etc...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Very nice car, well priced and some great Pix inside to view :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
He's in Lancing this morning :) ...You and hubby could have smiled for the photo's

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:pmsl:It was peeing down with rain this morning and had gone cold. Not much to smile about!! Actually I said don't get my face in it. I don't want to put people off!!!
Anyway you shouldn't be looking at this, it is for people who can fit in it!!:pmsl:

ALL PICTURES WERE TAKEN THIS MORNING

·
Registered
357 Posts
:pmsl:It was peeing down with rain this morning and had gone cold. Not much to smile about!! Actually I said don't get my face in it. I don't want to put people off!!!
Anyway you shouldn't be looking at this, it is for people who can fit in it!!:pmsl:

ALL PICTURES WERE TAKEN THIS MORNING
Cheeky sod I did get in it..Just couldn't wrap my legs round my head lol.....BTW you should be pleased I am bumping this ad :pmsl:

That's my last input on this otherwise I may get told off

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Lancelot Link

I bought her nearly three years ago now from Ade in Sheffield. She is a fantastic car and has never let me down once. I will be sorry to see her go.
:sniff::sniff::sniff::sniff::sniff::sniff::sniff:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Wasn't it owned by Nick from the Cleavers CC in Norfolk before it went to Sheffield ? If its the same car then thats an absolute bloody bargain , hell of a motor that is :tup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wasn't it owned by Nick from the Cleavers CC in Norfolk before it went to Sheffield ? If its the same car then thats an absolute bloody bargain , hell of a motor that is :tup:
It could well be actually, because I have an old V5 here and it says Mr Nicholas Mark L....... Wymondham, Norfolk.

It is one hell of a motor and yes it is a bargain. Priced to sell and not at a profit. It isn't all about that for me. It is a fair price and having seen what else is on the market it is a very good price.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thats the fella , good to see the car still going strong , good luck with the sale ;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She's sold and going back up North from wenst she came to a good home.

Thank you for the interest and the cool messages that I have been sent.

Cheers

Hotrod Girl

1 - 20 of 25 Posts